What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
Players Voice is a good read for anyone who wants to drop the eye patch and become a purist

There was something else . . . yes, a game tonight . . . thank f**k

POPEYE

Coach
How much f**king better is one referee, even the penalty that made sure the Roos couldn't be beaten wasn't warranted but that's just nitpicking. Cecchin dressed in pink didn't need to remind anyone he was the main man, he didn't have a subordinate trying to prove his worthiness

Purists love a game when the determining factor is fatigue

POPEYE

Coach
Best win for me so far was that of the Kumuls, who gives a shit if the opposition wasn't much or the humidity was made to order . . . I agree with Loz, put a PNG team in the NRL as soon as possible

Just adding a few bigger kindred bodies like Nene and Ottio to the Hunters made them look twice as formidable, add a few more experienced NRL players and they'd be good enough. The top teams would have to be prepared to tackle to beat them, their enthusiasm alone is worth the price of admittance

Has to be remembered a PNG team in the NRL doesn't have to be made up entirely of Kumuls, all they need is a brown paper bag factory in the joint . . . finding enough money would be harder than talking Bellamy into coaching them

POPEYE

Coach
Tonga/Scotland was worth watching if only to see the great Phil Bentham in action, hopefully he gets to referee the final and the NRL come to realise the benefit of one referee . . . about as much f**king chance of that as Rotfield giving up the piss

POPEYE

Coach
Hunting season on Cronk is officially open, if he didn't want to be recognized more for the work he did for the Storm he would've retired. He mightn't have had a chip on his shoulder but if he did it's nothing compared to the weight on his back now

May the footy gods be kind to him and he ends up being immortalised as the other 2 of the Big 3 will surely be . . . two cups in a row for the Roosters should just about do it

ed-grimley

Bench
Hunting season on Cronk is officially open, if he didn't want to be recognized more for the work he did for the Storm he would've retired. He mightn't have had a chip on his shoulder but if he did it's nothing compared to the weight on his back now

May the footy gods be kind to him and he ends up being immortalised as the other 2 of the Big 3 will surely be . . . two cups in a row for the Roosters should just about do it
Life will different for Cooper at Easts - not necessarily worse - but different.

Pedge1971

First Grade

Addendum: all purists know Cronks best position was always bench edge forward.

Addendum 2: too easy.

Addendum 3: just posting to keep this thread on the top page.

Bloke

Juniors

To be fair, he was a decent bench edge forward in 2005 when he first went to Storm. We wasn't moving 80 min Johnson and Hill/Orford were the starting halves.

POPEYE

Coach

Anyone and everyone is welcome here ol' mate but AG needs you more than I . . . we should throw his thread a life preserver

POPEYE

Coach
Since Benny and I both agree that one referee is all that's needed maybe I was wrong about him, then again maybe I was wrong about me . . . anyway, soc's should stick together. How old is Voss, he agrees

Funny how things turn out, Pearce has ended up top man on the totem pole, doesn't matter how 'ugly' he appears. Robbo needs him, Cronk needs him, Barrett/Brown/Flanagan need him . . . Freddie might have to think twice

Germaine McGillvary says he owes everything to Brown, he wouldn't be out of his depth at Newcastle . . . pity the Knights couldn't drag him away from his family

Frank Pritchard wants Pacific Tests to be given Origin-like standing, maybe the NRL should halt the Premiership mid season so players can be available, maybe even play Origin on the same weekends to keep everyone occupied . . . wonder if that would be acceptable to the media

ed-grimley

Bench
Tonga/Scotland was worth watching if only to see the great Phil Bentham in action, hopefully he gets to referee the final and the NRL come to realise the benefit of one referee . . . about as much f**king chance of that as Rotfield giving up the piss
It's probably better having one ref fkng up instead instead of two.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Best win for me so far was that of the Kumuls, who gives a shit if the opposition wasn't much or the humidity was made to order . . . I agree with Loz, put a PNG team in the NRL as soon as possible

Just adding a few bigger kindred bodies like Nene and Ottio to the Hunters made them look twice as formidable, add a few more experienced NRL players and they'd be good enough. The top teams would have to be prepared to tackle to beat them, their enthusiasm alone is worth the price of admittance

Has to be remembered a PNG team in the NRL doesn't have to be made up entirely of Kumuls, all they need is a brown paper bag factory in the joint . . . finding enough money would be harder than talking Bellamy into coaching them
If you were a quality qld cup player with a few or more nrl games up your sleeve or maybe a retiree doing a finishing off year like petro did with Redcliffe would you consider a move to png for 12 months or more? There would have to be a little chucked on top for blokes with families and insurances in case they cop a machete to the head (not being racist, I know 2 FIFO workers this has happened too)

POPEYE

Coach
Yes, other than finding enough money a PNG club would struggle with security enough to satisfy non-Kumuls. The answer could be to base the PNG team on the Australian mainland . . . I'm sure the fanatical PNG people would still support a team by proxy

POPEYE

Coach
If Pearce has any f**king brains at all he'll stay at the Roosters where he can play alongside a half with a footy brain . . . like when he and Maloney last won the cup. Won't take Robbo long to realise what a few people are saying, as if he doesn't already know, Keary is the odd man out

Nick can easily find a replacement for Keary when the time comes, the boss is not a 'future' man, he wants results while he can enjoy them. Only one problem, Pearce is an attention seeker one way or another, is he smart enough to play 2nd fiddle to Cronk

I'd like to see him spit his dummy and go to the Knights, not because the Roosters will be a lesser threat to Melbourne when Keary/Cronk confuse each other but because Pearce could be what Lamb needs to build his game . . . the kid has potential

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
considering Watson already packed his bags I'd say they would be pretty hesitant to let keary go as well considering the numbers be put out at 6 last season. These easy replacements in halves you speak of aren't that abundant.

POPEYE

Coach
They are if you're Nick Politis, anyway, Nick will probably make Keary an offer he can't refuse to stick around doing something for a couple of years . . . Cronk didn't mind waiting when he had to

Silent Knight

First Grade
Anyone and everyone is welcome here ol' mate but AG needs you more than I . . . we should throw his thread a life preserver

AG's thread will soon be dead in the water Pops. There's only so many times he can repeat ad nauseum his puerile nonsense about lolly jars and tuppenny f***s before people start to switch off. On top of that he has a short attention span and a lack of imagination. He'll find something new to amuse his simple mind soon enough.

Whereas your thread is a good source of rugby league opinion. It makes for a great read on the bus each morning. Keep it up Pops.

POPEYE

Coach
That's being a bit harsh, we all serve a purpose, this thread wouldn't exist if I thought AG and his like weren't taking notice. I'm glad if I make your bus trip bearable . . . be f**ked if you'd catch me on one of those things

Tell me friend, how are you feeling about the Knight's chances next season, surely you must be enthusiastic . . . I certainly am

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'm quietly confident about our prospects but recognise it will take time for the spine combinations to be established. I'm particularly excited by the arrival of Kalyn Ponga and Connor Watson, I think long-term they will become outstanding players in the NRL. I like the experience and toughness we've recruited in the forwards (Lillyman, Ese'ese, Guerra, Heighington) but what I'm most looking forward to is the continued development of the Safiti brothers. If they go out there each round with fire in the belly they could be almost anything.

POPEYE

Coach
You've got to give credit when credit's due, Hayne might never have been more than a flash in the pan but the number of people who get badly burnt by him is a marvel. He is right up there with the best of imaginary friends, wouldn't be hard to picture him with his collar turned backwards in his old age, the smug holier-than-thou face perfectly suited

That said, who can say that the best he comes up with doesn't work for him, he's not obliged to make things happen for other players. Anyone who thought he was to be paid as a playmaker has got f**king rocks in his head

All people want Jarryd to do is play like Tedesco, no-one blames Teddy when lousy service at the right time in the right place prevents him working a miracle. Makes you wonder how many times he would throw a shit pass, make a bad kick or dumb decision if he was required to be more than just a 'finisher' . . . then again Teddy has the advantage of knowing what is required

Latest posts