What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
All the suggestions surrounding the future of Mitchell Pearce and his being unhappy about the Cronk signing may well just be a smokescreen by the Roosters to deflect criticism about the obvious concerns by fans about how the Roosters can accomodate Cronk with the cap. There is mail Pearce is on board with everything going on and knows full well the role he will be expected to fulfill. At the same time there is still likely to be movement involving Maloney/Green/Nikorima (Roosters)/ and perhaps Moylan.

Kilkenny

Coach
The murmurs you are hearing are all based on assumptions. We no what happens when you make assumptions.

I know for a fact he doesn't want to leave, if he does go, it will be because he is forced out, either that, or he's been lying to his closest mates, right from the beginning.
The murmurs you are hearing are all based on assumptions. We no what happens when you make assumptions.

I know for a fact he doesn't want to leave, if he does go, it will be because he is forced out, either that, or he's been lying to his closest mates, right from the beginning.
Hope your right Luke. No issues there. At the same time he needs to be 100 % committed otherwise staying will not benefit either Matt or the club.

Kilkenny

Coach
Which brings up the question why we structured our cap so badly. Every other club has multiple signings to strengthen yet we don't. Comes back to our cap being poorly managed

How you arrive at such a conclusion is astonishing. Given our club has minimal access to third party arrangements I think we have done remarkably well to retain and resign the majority of the squad we will take into 2018. Sure it would be great to add a world class centre and perhaps another rep quality player into our roster but suggestions about cap mismanagement is just ridiculous.

Kilkenny

Coach
That’s great. We all want Matt Moylan in our 6 jersey next season. Fit, healthy both in body and mind and we have every reason to be optimistic of a good 2018.

Kilkenny

Coach
Leaving aside doubts about our current head coach most of us would acknowledge we remain a quality player or two short of competing against the quality sides in the NRL.

The real issue here is we simply cannot compete against the quality sides given the nature of the salary cap and third party agreement arrangements.

It would be great is our General Manager could wave a magic wand and bring in a superstar outside back/centre but it won't happen and cannot happen under the current arrangements.

Our reality is we have to find our next superstar or two from within our junior ranks. Only when we unearth the next Fittler/Alexander/Gowie etc will be likely to win our next premiership. Currently despite our best efforts and the best efforts of our GM we don't have a Fittler/Alexander/Gowie emerging anytime soon. Moylan is a decent player but not a patch on any of the above. Cleary is only going to get better and will be good for us but he will not reach the heights of the abovementioned.

We may just have to wait a little while longer for our next premiership success.

OldPanther

Coach

So you know Moylan personally?

I keep hearing the same line from his teammates when quizzed. He has told them he is staying.
He wouldn't openly lie to them.
I read a few weeks ago the club was happy with his change in attitude behind the scenes and how well he was progressing.
Given the lines Gould & Fletcher have said in the past 2 months of him staying it would be a very poor look for the club if he left or was forced out.

Port Panther

Juniors
Mansour should have some of his contract come under long service allowance as soon as we release Mckendry .Josh is our best metre eater by a long way .

Doddsy6988

Juniors
Mansour should have some of his contract come under long service allowance as soon as we release Mckendry .Josh is our best metre eater by a long way .
I don't think MCKENDRY will be getting released.
The coach likes his work ethic and wants to give him a shot next year

Lets put the rumour to bed. Again.

The Pearce drama comes as Matt Moylan’s manager Allan Gainey yet again denied speculation his client wanted to leave Penrith.
There were rumours on Sunday that Moylan would this week seek a release to join Manly or Cronulla.

Like Pearce, Moylan is on big money and Penrith general manager of football Phil Gould wants the star player to remain at the club.

“It’s not on,” Gainey said. “Penrith have told us they won’t entertain the idea.

“There haven’t been any rumblings from either side. And I don’t anticipate anything changing in the immediate future.

“Who is to know in rugby league what might change but Gus (Gould) has told Matt he’s not going anywhere and Matt hasn’t demanded to go anywhere.”

Asked was Moylan happy to stay, Gainey said: “Yep. It’s plain sailing.”

Moylan will be expected at Penrith pre-season training when it starts next month.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/852f30621a32b8f0d4d4dd7efde108ac

franklin2323

Immortal
I understand where you're coming from but no team in the game has the kind of depth you're looking for. Our biggest issue is getting them time on foeld together and some attack coaching.

We have a 30 man squad plenty of room to have Atleast 1 of every position backup with a few utilities. Storm have released their 2018 squad. Added Hoffman, Kasiano and Earl for starters. Eels added a few etc. So it can be done

franklin2323

Immortal
How you arrive at such a conclusion is astonishing. Given our club has minimal access to third party arrangements I think we have done remarkably well to retain and resign the majority of the squad we will take into 2018. Sure it would be great to add a world class centre and perhaps another rep quality player into our roster but suggestions about cap mismanagement is just ridiculous.

Who is asking for a world class centre? Let's assume Peachey is the bench utility. Blake/Whare is the centres. Who is our backup centre?

We have too many forwards and not enough backs. I am talking depth we have a decent enough starting 17. Problem is most years teams use 26-28 players. That is where we fall behind most teams

Copperhead

Juniors
We have a 30 man squad plenty of room to have Atleast 1 of every position backup with a few utilities. Storm have released their 2018 squad. Added Hoffman, Kasiano and Earl for starters. Eels added a few etc. So it can be done

Storm lost Cronk, Harris, McLean and Rochow, so they've gone backwards.
Eels have gained Evans and lost Radradra, also backwards.

TheFrog

Coach
Rothfields latest column refers to photos of Nrl club captain intoxicated and asleep at a poker machine being shopped around media outlets. Doesn’t specify the player but reasonable to assume it is one not involved in the WC of which there aren’t too many?
It is the off season. Pre-season training starts some time in November, so those players not participating in the World Cup are on holidays. If some unspecified individual chooses to spend some of his holidays asleep at a poker machine, so long as no persons or cute furry animals are being harmed, who gives a flying f**k?

Status
Not open for further replies.