What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Thompson Announcement

dungay dragon

Juniors
Al
Manly were looking at him, but i think its all on hold until the Pearce saga is finalised as Manly are looking to sign him up. Haven’t heard any other clubs who are after him.
Have always had a wrap on Thommo.Even thought he was Captain material but once they or their managers thoughts are ;looking at long term monies else where , they are not wholly focused on the Club they are playing and signed for another twelve months. Now he is being mucked around by Manly as they chase the elite signing of Pearce or Moylan.. Regrettably best to gently advise him to move on ,,perhaps the Knights ..

willzy91

Juniors
Al

Have always had a wrap on Thommo.Even thought he was Captain material but once they or their managers thoughts are ;looking at long term monies else where , they are not wholly focused on the Club they are playing and signed for another twelve months. Now he is being mucked around by Manly as they chase the elite signing of Pearce or Moylan.. Regrettably best to gently advise him to move on ,,perhaps the Knights ..

I agree, for the sake of a player who does everything for his club and community the game needs to look after him and I really hope he is able to either get his future settled with the Dragons or find a new club and long term contract elsewhere quickly!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I believe that Thompson scored 8 tries
this year so I would suggest that we let him see out his contract if he does not get a contract from another club.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
No qld redvee, there are no issues or bad blood between thomo and the club.
Just a better offer was made for him and a longer term deal offered by a rival club.
For all the dumb shit our club does, they actually understood thomos situation and agreed to let him go and earn the bigger dollars and set himself up.
As for Host, i wouldnt mind that, although id much prefer a committed and dedicated Leilua, if he has a big off season i really believe he can be a HUGE X-factor for us in 2018.

I agree 100 percent.
With everything the clib does wrong, and I cant believe In saying this, they may (and I mean just may) be correct on this issue.

I speaking to our rep and he has tols me that Leila has been doing extra sessions in the off season witj his own private trainer....good signs that he is ready to step up.

Between him and Host, my bet is Host is the next big thing, but I wouldn't mind being wrong!

denis preston

First Grade
I agree 100 percent.
With everything the clib does wrong, and I cant believe In saying this, they may (and I mean just may) be correct on this issue.

I speaking to our rep and he has tols me that Leila has been doing extra sessions in the off season witj his own private trainer....good signs that he is ready to step up.

Between him and Host, my bet is Host is the next big thing, but I wouldn't mind being wrong!
Hope both fill their potential with us. Also both will show us in the next two years if they can. My moneys on Host , he has a big body but now it should be a mans body and he has the smarts to go with it.

Drag Queen

Bench
I agree 100 percent.

You might be right.

Latest posts