What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus Crichton

Dragsters

First Grade
Apparently Nick Politis retiring to Greece and he is looking to another Board Member to hand over the brown paper bags. Nick should have been sidelined from paper bag distributions due to dual citizenships. New distributor must look innocent and able to bribe all 14 members of the NRL Integrity Unit plus Todd "All Denominations Gratefully Accepted" Greenberg and John "Grant".

I'll try that again...

Mark Bouris anyone???[

hazzbeen

Bench
My memory of Dugan was he would take on 3 players to score a great individual try then 5 minutes later butcher a try by not passing to an unmarked man outside of him. Then he would make an amazing run up field running through an entire teams defense only to drop the ball cold at the end of it.
He was erratic and inconsistent. A great footballer at his best but full of errors and made poor decisions.
It was exhausting to support Dugan. I am glad he has moved on and sharks fans can ride the rollarcoaster that is Josh Dugan.
Crush and as he gets older and loses pace he wont have much as he relies on beating players with his determination strength . So for me he will be less dominant as he cant beat a player with a good pass or setup play . Yea he has his good points but also bad points , so for the money he was asking IMO Id want a better smarter player that can pass and setup plays ......

BigBoss

Juniors
I feel physically sick at the prospect of the roosters getting Crighton aswell. And I'm sure they will, they've been doing it for so many years now, they always get their man.

I suppose it's all up to Pearce now. They're making out they want him, I just hope he's stupid enough to believe it. Fingers crossed.

Crighton is a superstar in the making, we would be fools not to make a big play for him.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I feel physically sick at the prospect of the roosters getting Crighton aswell. And I'm sure they will, they've been doing it for so many years now, they always get their man.

I suppose it's all up to Pearce now. They're making out they want him, I just hope he's stupid enough to believe it. Fingers crossed.

Crighton is a superstar in the making, we would be fools not to make a big play for him.

We have.
But he hasn't made his mind up.
As the roosters are also after him

ouryear

Juniors

As good as Tallis I reckon.
Different type of player....but AS GOOD.

giboz71

First Grade
I mean I've said it before, they have proven you don't need juniors that money makes them somewhat successful, but let's face it it's won them f**k all in the scheme of things.

Depends how you measure success.

I can’t recall them ever going through a 5 year stretch of mediocrity like we have recently. They are always there or thereabouts competing for the comp. Whilst we are nowhere.

But I get your point, I’m terms of comps, I think they have under achieved given their resources. Hence I don’t think they are mucking around any more. It’s comp or bust.

ouryear

Juniors
Depends how you measure success.

I can’t recall them ever going through a 5 year stretch of mediocrity like we have recently. They are always there or thereabouts competing for the comp. Whilst we are nowhere.

But I get your point, I’m terms of comps, I think they have under achieved given their resources. Hence I don’t think they are mucking around any more. It’s comp or bust.

Huhh? But they have tried to show they weren't mucking around many times in the past 10 yrs (past 50 yrs) ..... but still came up short.

Even won the spoon in 2009.

And 2016 wasn't much better.

If anyone thinks cronk will deliver a premiership, I think they are sadly mistaken.

Even with Smith and Slater, he didn't deliver many premierships for the storm.

The roosters have a culture problem, Cronk can't fix that... lol

giboz71

First Grade
Huhh? But they have tried to show they weren't mucking around many times in the past 10 yrs (past 50 yrs) ..... but still came up short.

Even won the spoon in 2009.

And 2016 wasn't much better.

If anyone thinks cronk will deliver a premiership, I think they are sadly mistaken.

Even with Smith and Slater, he didn't deliver many premierships for the storm.

The roosters have a culture problem, Cronk can't fix that... lol

But that's the thing. Yes they won the spoon in 2009, but they were in he GF the year after and won the comp a few years later as part of a stretch of 3 straight minor premierships.

Since 2011, we have hovering between 8th and 13th without ever being serious contenders. As fans, I think its sad that we haven't had a team to cheer for deep in the semis (like Roosters and Cows, Storm etc).

I'd take a spoon one year if it meant 4-5 years of continued success with multiple top 4 appearances. Much better than our situation where we never have a team in serious contention to win the comp.

It's been 5 straight years of shit for us.

ouryear

Juniors
But that's the thing. Yes they won the spoon in 2009, but they were in he GF the year after and won the comp a few years later as part of a stretch of 3 straight minor premierships.

Since 2011, we have hovering between 8th and 13th without ever being serious contenders. As fans, I think its sad that we haven't had a team to cheer for deep in the semis (like Roosters and Cows, Storm etc).

I'd take a spoon one year if it meant 4-5 years of continued success with multiple top 4 appearances. Much better than our situation where we never have a team in serious contention to win the comp.

It's been 5 straight years of shit for us.
I understand your point of view, but supporting a team of players like Cronk, Tedesco, JHW.....and numerous players bought from many other clubs.

Seriously, as a supporter I would not feel any connection whatsoever to support them.

It's a foreign legion of players I have grown to dislike at other clubs for years. (Not all of them I dislike)

Fans, need a sense of connection to the players, a club with some loyalty to its fans and players, a club that does develop some of its own players.

All these things the roosters have a big fat ZERO.

That is why they can't drag more than 8,000 of their own fans to games.

That is why they have never built a sustainable culture for success.

Being a fan of a club like that?

PUKE!!!!

I would much rather be us, the mighty dragons, a club with SOUL.

.....we will be fine once the club works out we need a professional coaching team.