What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyall Gorman quits as Cronulla Sharks CEO, set to take over at Manly Sea Eagles

Vee

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/de63ddb6c63aa4a63986a35ae333343b

LYALL Gorman is tipped to link with Manly after confirming he will move on as chief executive of NRL club Cronulla on Monday.

The man considered a driving force behind the Sharks’ 2016 premiership is expected to vie for Manly’s CEO position vacated by Tim Cleary in May.

Sharks financial officer Paul Eriksson has been named interim CEO. Cronulla chairman Dino Mezzatesta said Gorman would support the club in the coming months to ensure a smooth transition.

“The club wishes Lyall well in his future endeavours and thanks him for his service and the outstanding contribution he has made to our business over the past three years,” he said in a statement.

“Lyall played a big part in our premiership success of 2016 and leaves the Sharks in an extremely healthy position both on and off the field and we are confident we can build on the work he has done and make our club even bigger, better and more successful going forward.”

Frailty

First Grade
Sad to see him go. He has been great for the club, but as he said when he first came to the Sharks - it's about more than him. I'm sure he has put in the right people and culture to keep the good progress going.

As much as I'll hate to see it, he will be great for Manly as it moves away from the Old Boys club. Enjoy folks!

some11

Referee
To paraphrase Gibson, success starts at the front office.

I wonder if he can curb any of the infighting that has plagued Manly for so long.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Joined club end of 2014
14-15 lost $2.4mill
15-16 lost $900K
16-17 be interesting to see if they managed to break even, or turn a profit, on the back of the GF win

He seems to have done a good job righting a very leaky ship.

taipan

Referee
Joined club end of 2014
14-15 lost $2.4mill
15-16 lost $900K
16-17 be interesting to see if they managed to break even, or turn a profit, on the back of the GF win

He seems to have done a good job righting a very leaky ship.

The ship "aint" leaky anymore,The years with losses would I suggest included legals re ASADa/fines/loss of sponsors.2014 Last for obvious reasons ,2015 6th.
To suggest ASADA didn't have huge impact on etc club's revenue and support,is not here.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Who’s CEO of your club again that‘s right you don’t have one

You've got $2.4million of loans to pay back in Feb 18.
If your annual report financials due for reporting in the next few weeks don't show a profit for 16-17 after a GF win then you do have to wonder if they ever will?

Latest posts