What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
nightSpiritBarrel-550.png

Had this beaut. A hint of single malt scotch. And a hint of boubon. Friggen smooth. The stout isnt overpowered by either spirit. This beer is by Kereru. I bought two bottles. One downed last week, the other is a keeper. This is a limited edition beer, only 1300 bottles brewed.

Friggen epic
Your address. Now.
please.

Bazal

Post Whore
Drank a few of the Pirate Life beers in SA. Well deserving of the high opinion folks have of them....

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Is there not anything new out there that our Intrepid beer fanciers out there that have tasted lately, I finally got hold of the Balter XPA today after reading great things but was unimpressed, while a very nice beer nothing especially stood out for me, I did see a Monteiths Extra Pale IPA in another establishment, anyone!.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yep I agree with you on balter..

Interesting packaging design, but taste wise it's rather plain..

I know mick fanning is a part owner, but this beer has pretty much undone any kudos he got for punching a shark.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Balter xpa is full of flavour, and I am a big hop head. Maybe you guys got an older batch. For best flavour they should be drunk within 2-3 months max once out of the fermenter.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
grabbed a stoke mixer on the way home last night, 6 different beers in the pack. Haven't tried the stout or the amber ale yet but the others were brilliant.

When i opend up the first and sat down the very next news story on tv was about the history of the tiny pub in nelson that started brewing it lol

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
grabbed a stoke mixer on the way home last night, 6 different beers in the pack. Haven't tried the stout or the amber ale yet but the others were brilliant.

When i opend up the first and sat down the very next news story on tv was about the history of the tiny pub in nelson that started brewing it lol

it's always a slow news day in NZ...

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I don't drink beer for the sole reason of "Look at what I'm drinking...."

Lots of pretentious types around who think "My beer's better than yours".

Give me something with 4.8 % alcohol by volume that costs $48 a carton for 24 glass stubbies rather than a wanker can of some imported shit that costs the same for a six pack due to the pretty shitty labelling.

I drink for the effect. Same as clothes for me. Dress/drink for function rather than for fashion.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't drink beer for the sole reason of "Look at what I'm drinking...."

Lots of pretentious types around who think "My beer's better than yours".

Give me something with 4.8 % alcohol by volume that costs $48 a carton for 24 glass stubbies rather than a wanker can of some imported shit that costs the same for a six pack due to the pretty shitty labelling.

I drink for the effect. Same as clothes for me. Dress/drink for function rather than for fashion.

Or maybe there's just more people around who drink for taste....all well and good to drink emu piss because it's cheap and gets you blind, but it still tastes like emu piss.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
went for a night out with a few guys at the local craft brewery..

they had a $3 / $4 special going on their stubbies..

great night.. and got away with a full night out, including food, for less than a $50 note..

giddy up..