What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 ladder predictions

Tommy Smith

Referee
And get bounced in the semis because they lack in the forwards. That’s where their problem is which was plain to see vs. NQ.
Our problem vs the Cowboys was the same as it had been all year - ball control and critical errors.

Our forwards were suffocated because of half a dozen errors in our own half. Plus the two kick offs out on the full.

We dumb. We super dummmb.

That's our problem. We could do with a metre eating prop off the bench but all things considered I rate our pack as one of the best in the comp.

Behind the Cowboys and Melbourne but the equal of any other.

Life's Good

Coach
Our problem vs the Cowboys was the same as it had been all year - ball control and critical errors.

Our forwards were suffocated because of half a dozen errors in our own half. Plus the two kick offs out on the full.

That's our problem. We could do with a metre eating prop off the bench but all things considered I rate our pack as one of the best in the comp.

You’re being too kind to your front row. They went missing which diminished the on field authority needed in such a big game.
Because of that I couldn’t have your pack that high, definitely not higher than ours.

Tommy Smith

Referee
You’re being too kind to your front row. They went missing which diminished the on field authority needed in such a big game.
Because of that I couldn’t have your pack that high, definitely not higher than ours.
Don't get me wrong, JWH and in particular Dylan Napa were disappointing in the Prelim. Well Napa was disappointing all season actually.

And we could do with a LOD style signing like in 2013.

But I still wouldn't call our pack a weakness as some are suggesting.

Cordner, JWH, Napa (play like its Origin!), Liu, SST, Aubusson. I expect Nat Butcher to step up too to fill out the pack along with Tetevano and Matterson.

I'd probably have the Dragons pack slightly ahead, too. But there's not much between them. Same with the Sharks.

If we can complete at 80% in the big games then I think it's good enough.

footy75

Bench

agree...played some real dumb football at times. But so much talent there... Just got to get that dumb stuff out of their game. I expect Roosters and Cowboys to be the teams to beat next year.

natheel

Coach
I think it'll be the same top 4 except cowboys in for broncos. I can see Broncos dropping a bit next year. Losing Hunt and Blair will hurt them and no back up half with Benji gone if Kodi doesn't work

In no particular order

Storm
Cowboys
Roosters
Eels
Panthers
Sharks
Dragons
Sea Eagles

Rabbits20

Immortal
1. Roosters
2. Storm
3. Dragons
4. Cowboys
5. Sharks
6. Panthers
7. Eels
8. Canberra
9. Broncos
10. Manly
11. Souths
12. Tigers
13. Bulldogs
14. Knights
15. Warriors
16. Titans

Cowboys to win the comp.....

Rabbits20

Immortal

Karma hey.........

This Year?

Immortal
1. Roosters
2. Storm
3. Dragons
4. Cowboys
5. Sharks
6. Panthers
7. Eels
8. Canberra
9. Broncos
10. Manly
11. Souths
12. Tigers
13. Bulldogs
14. Knights
15. Warriors
16. Titans

Cowboys to win the comp.....

Swap the Dragons and Broncos and I think you are spot on. It's nice to see a bold prediction though.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Can see the Eels dropping... I didn't bash my wife Radradraaaa accounts for 20+ trys a year basically with freakishness.

1 - Cowboys
2 - Panthers
3 - Roosters
4 - Storm
5 - Sharks
6 - Broncos
7 - Manly
8 - Canberra
9 - Eels
10 - Dragons
11 - Tigers
12 - Knights
13 - Warriors
14 - Titans
15 - Bulldogs
16 - Souths

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Storm
Sharks
Roosters
Broncos
Cowboys
Eels
Sea Eagles
Tigers

in no particular order

OVP

Coach
1. Cows
2. Roosters
3. Panthers
4. Eels
5. Storm
6. Dragons
7. Sharks
8. Raiders
9. Bonkos

Spoon : Bulldogs.

Last year I got about 2 out of 8 (predicting the Tigers for my dark horse was brilliant imo :eek:)
So yeah whatever. But I do think the Panthers will improve the most, especially after signing Maloney.