What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Timer

Coach
Unless Pearce to Sharks Rumour has any legs. Then it would be pearce to halves, Moylan to fullback, Holmes to the wing, dugan to the centers and Sharks to the Top 4.
I think if Pearce goes to the Sharks he will go to half and the existing half to reggies or out the door and Miylan would still be the 5/8

Crush

Coach
I think if Pearce goes to the Sharks he will go to half and the existing half to reggies or out the door and Miylan would still be the 5/8
That would be rough on Townsend. He has been re-signed for 3 years from memory and was an integral part of the 2016 premiership winning team.
Anyway, pearce to sharks is unlikely so we will probably never know. More likely is Moylan to partner Townsend with Val at the back. I highly doubt Dugan will play fullback.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
That would be rough on Townsend. He has been re-signed for 3 years from memory and was an integral part of the 2016 premiership winning team.
Anyway, pearce to sharks is unlikely so we will probably never know. More likely is Moylan to partner Townsend with Val at the back. I highly doubt Dugan will play fullback.
Here's hoping Dugan's fullback for the sharks then see their attack go into reverse gear .

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Dugan will kill it at the sharks next year playing centre..

Frank Facer

First Grade
The Mole on Twitter suggested that James Roberts wants out of the Broncos. If true we should absolutely chase him, we missed out last time but he was mates with Ben Hunt and perhaps Mundine has some influence and can bring him here.
The Mole on Twitter suggested that James Roberts wants out of the Broncos. If true we should absolutely chase him, we missed out last time but he was mates with Ben Hunt and perhaps Mundine has some influence and can bring him here.
I would take Roberts. He would add some much needed speed to our backline. I would slot him straight into one centre position, with Lafai the other centre. I think is we could manage to sign Wamsley (who I have not seen, but the reports sound good) and Roberts, then we would be a genuine top 4 team. Throw Lomax onto one wing, with Matherson Johns on the other wing.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I would take Roberts. He would add some much needed speed to our backline. I would slot him straight into one centre position, with Lafai the other centre. I think is we could manage to sign Wamsley (who I have not seen, but the reports sound good) and Roberts, then we would be a genuine top 4 team. Throw Lomax onto one wing, with Matherson Johns on the other wing.

Roberts has already rejected Saints once, I don't see him ever coming to the club.

Other than a last minute acquisition from Canberra, I'd say with a fair amount of confidence that recruitment for next year has been done.

Good: Hunt and Graham.

Bad: Nicholls/Latimore.

Ugly: Algood.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Roberts has already rejected Saints once, I don't see him ever coming to the club.

Other than a last minute acquisition from Canberra, I'd say with a fair amount of confidence that recruitment for next year has been done.

Good: Hunt and Graham.

Bad: Nicholls/Latimore.

Ugly: Algood.
My review GOOD HUNT & GRAHAM
NOT TOO BAD NICHOLLS & LATIMORE & ALGOOD BACK UPS

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Apparently Roberts was extremely close to signing with Saints then Bennett came into the mould and promised to make him the best centre in the comp as well as a house in QLD (that is how apparently they do the dodgy stuff up there to escape salary cap implications).

Roberts was very impressed with the Saints set up and could see himself at Saints even though whoever was in charge of recruitment at the time kept calling him Jason instead of James. If Saints go in for him, they are a bigger chance than you think of landing his signature.

Life's Good

Coach
Apparently Roberts was extremely close to signing with Saints then Bennett came into the mould and promised to make him the best centre in the comp as well as a house in QLD (that is how apparently they do the dodgy stuff up there to escape salary cap implications).

Roberts was very impressed with the Saints set up and could see himself at Saints even though whoever was in charge of recruitment at the time kept calling him Jason instead of James. If Saints go in for him, they are a bigger chance than you think of landing his signature.
Are you serious about the Jason/James name mix up?How did you come to know of that?

Talk about unprofessional.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Roberts was very impressed with the Saints set up and could see himself at Saints even though whoever was in charge of recruitment at the time kept calling him Jason instead of James. If Saints go in for him, they are a bigger chance than you think of
Are you serious about the Jason/James name mix up?How did you come to know of that?

Talk about unprofessional.

Life is good
It was said in public.
Thats who.
As you say unprofessional for sure

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

FF, Roberts certainly has the talent ................ bit worried about the headspace though.
We'll need someone to keep him on the straight and narrow.
Maybe Mundine to act as skills coach and mentor?

TruSaint

Referee
Roberts and Lafaii would be a good pairing. I would like to see them playing. Lafaii has all the signs of a handy center but is not consistent. A good coach would improve him

Cant remember which year it was when he was at the Dogs, but Lafai was a game breaker... Poor 2016 with us, but 2017 he improved and showed he still has that step and offload.

TruSaint

Referee

Hahaha... thats hilarious.
Was it Mulholland ?

Brutalitops

Juniors
Cant remember which year it was when he was at the Dogs, but Lafai was a game breaker... Poor 2016 with us, but 2017 he improved and showed he still has that step and offload.
I think there is tons of promise in Lafai. Showed flashes of brilliance in 2017, and was busted for 2016.

Certainly hasn't been so much of a liability that we should move him on anyway.

ouryear

Juniors
I think there is tons of promise in Lafai. Showed flashes of brilliance in 2017, and was busted for 2016.

Certainly hasn't been so much of a liability that we should move him on anyway.

The more mediocre players we can move on who won a lousy 5 games from the final 16 or whatever it was.... the better!

Latest posts