What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
can you imagine how wiki and price feel watching him get a regular first grade as a pro for the club

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Gubb's actually a half decent support runner, but nobody passes him the ball because they know you can't break down a wall with a pillow.

He was brought in as a mercenary to try and win a premiership. Came closer than anyone else at Newcastle since 2001. But yeah the results since he left are obviously all his fault.

Not the multiple coaches the club have employed since...

He ate up their cap with elder statesmen who couldn't go like they could 2 years earlier
The younger talent he brought in he took back out with him while leaving the cadavers
of once great players behind,eating up every morsel of cap space

It is absolutely his fault,he should be charged with fraud

Has he ever won a comp with a team anywhere near the cap,legally or otherwise?

Saints paid Gasnier what $50k when Benny came around
Lockyer never signed a contract over $350k,supposedly
He reckons he won't pay props shit

Lets just say every team he's won the cap with has been worth $1m more per year
at the least than the salary cap of the time,be it via 3rd party contracts or potentially other means

Cult03

Juniors
This place is sad.
0.jpg

Spot On

Coach
He was brought in as a mercenary to try and win a premiership. Came closer than anyone else at Newcastle since 2001. But yeah the results since he left are obviously all his fault.

Not the multiple coaches the club have employed since...

Rubbish. He could have had a 10 year contract if he wanted it, The going got tough and all he had become used to, the unlimited cap and resources etc weren't there so he got the f**k out.

Yes they made the prelim - just scrapped into the 8, beat a shitful Dogs side week 1, did play great to beat Mlb then got absolutely f**king belted in the prelim. They were extremely lucky to get that far imo.

Bennett was found out at Newy. He must have left his "Super" coach outfit elsewhere.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
He ate up their cap with elder statesmen who couldn't go like they could 2 years earlier
The younger talent he brought in he took back out with him while leaving the cadavers
of once great players behind,eating up every morsel of cap space

It is absolutely his fault,he should be charged with fraud

Has he ever won a comp with a team anywhere near the cap,legally or otherwise?

Saints paid Gasnier what $50k when Benny came around
Lockyer never signed a contract over $350k,supposedly
He reckons he won't pay props shit

Lets just say every team he's won the cap with has been worth $1m more per year
at the least than the salary cap of the time,be it via 3rd party contracts or potentially other means

The salt is strong with this one...

Fraud from my recollection has an element of dishonesty.

So who is the dishonest one? The one that submits contracts and TPA’s to the NRL every year or the salty one on an internet forum who pulls figures entirely out of his arse and presents them as fact?

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Rubbish. He could have had a 10 year contract if he wanted it, The going got tough and all he had become used to, the unlimited cap and resources etc weren't there so he got the f**k out.

Yes they made the prelim - just scrapped into the 8, beat a shitful Dogs side week 1, did play great to beat Mlb then got absolutely f**king belted in the prelim. They were extremely lucky to get that far imo.

Bennett was found out at Newy. He must have left his "Super" coach outfit elsewhere.

It is Newcastle, who wouldn’t get the f*ck out? I’m surprised he lasted as long as he did. Tinkler’s money must have been unbelievable.

If Bennett was ‘found out’ however with at least a Prelim final appearance under his belt, That doesn’t speak highly of any other coach Newcastle has had since 2001... So perhaps, just perhaps it isn’t ALL big bad Wayne’s fault...

However this is why I love this place. One minute it is arguing against an imbecile who summarily declares that Wayne never operates unless it’s $1m a year over the cap and the next minute with you he leaves clubs in the lurch because they are under-resourced...

The salt is strong with this one...

Fraud from my recollection has an element of dishonesty.

So who is the dishonest one? The one that submits contracts and TPA’s to the NRL every year or the salty one on an internet forum who pulls figures entirely out of his arse and presents them as fact?
Salt? Sorry Darius i don't go for Newcastle so i give zero f**ks

To me they're a pack of drug cheats

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
nrl.com said:
The swap deal involving James Maloney is likely to be finalised next week, with the Panthers awaiting the NRL’s approval of his three-year contract and the third-party deal associated with it.

Interesting

LINK

King hit

Coach
Moylan is a winner and I feel he could really reach his potential under Flanagan who has made some very good/great players over the last few years. Griffin really limited his ability playing him at fullback and when he was moved to five eighth he played his best footy of the year. A Moylan/Townsend pairing could work quite well.

Dont see how this works if they have already approved Moylans contract at the sharks. Window dressing...
The Sharks could fit both Moylan and Maloney in the cap next year, like they have said all along, so just having one of them now means they have money to buy someone else. Penrith must be not as clear cut.

beave

Coach
Moylan is a winner and I feel he could really reach his potential under Flanagan who has made some very good/great players over the last few years. Griffin really limited his ability playing him at fullback and when he was moved to five eighth he played his best footy of the year. A Moylan/Townsend pairing could work quite well.

Moylans a winner? Please tell me what he has won or help to contribute his teams to win? A Nepean touch comp premiership does not count....

Latest posts