What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totally OFF the NRL

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep and the 70’s ,80’s and 90’s

I watched for about 10 years before I saw someone other than dogs or eels win one... when they finally did it was f**king Manly
But then the dogs won it straight back.
7 years that was. 1980-86 ;-)

carcharias

Immortal
FTR
Super league was 20 years ago
It lasted 1 year

The stars of the show now get paid accordingly
...for being the stars of the show

The way it should be.

Stallion

First Grade
FTR
Super league was 20 years ago
It lasted 1 year

The stars of the show now get paid accordingly
...for being the stars of the show

The way it should be.
I tell you somewhere that's "totally off the NRL" . Primary school students in the school I taught at yesterday. The kindies were showing me 'footy'cards. They were AFL cards! A girl and boy of older age were holding Afl footballs much of the day? Another girl was playing AFL and had never heard of 'Leaguetag' ? This is in the supposedly very staunch 'rugby league' city of Newcastle in the Hunter Valley of NSW!

POPEYE

Coach
All he is saying is the nrl has taken a lot of the fun out of the game. He is right.
Safety first has changed a game that was meant to have scant regard for safety . . . hence its attraction in the first place

The game we have now is what's on offer . . . we can either embrace it or ignore it

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Meh.

Times change, people change, society changes, sport changes, music sounds better on vinyl, something something back in my day....

carcharias

Immortal
I tell you somewhere that's "totally off the NRL" . Primary school students in the school I taught at yesterday. The kindies were showing me 'footy'cards. They were AFL cards! A girl and boy of older age were holding Afl footballs much of the day? Another girl was playing AFL and had never heard of 'Leaguetag' ? This is in the supposedly very staunch 'rugby league' city of Newcastle in the Hunter Valley of NSW!

I guess coming last every year gets old quick.

T-Boon

Coach
I tell you somewhere that's "totally off the NRL" . Primary school students in the school I taught at yesterday. The kindies were showing me 'footy'cards. They were AFL cards!

Humans are dumber than most species of animal at around that age. They believe in Santa, Jebaz, the tooth Fairy, the boogie man. Mostly they grow out of it.

mozza91

Coach
Well this never happened.

Billythekid

First Grade

This anecdote may be true but what you're suggesting it means is bullshit. I live in the hunter and know lots of people from Newcastle right through to Tamworth. I've met a few people who like AFL but larely it remains little more than a minority sport. League rules the roost with soccer having a fantastic club scene and union having a strong club scene as well.

AFL may be growing in some rugby league areas but Newcastle isn't one of them. If anything like NQLD it's one of the true rugby league strongholds.

King hit

Coach

Cool story bro. Newcastle is one of the most pharocial rugby league cities in the world.

Latest posts