What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SGMax

Juniors
Apparently Roberts was extremely close to signing with Saints then Bennett came into the mould and promised to make him the best centre in the comp as well as a house in QLD (that is how apparently they do the dodgy stuff up there to escape salary cap implications).

Roberts was very impressed with the Saints set up and could see himself at Saints even though whoever was in charge of recruitment at the time kept calling him Jason instead of James. If Saints go in for him, they are a bigger chance than you think of landing his signature.

SM, I like your comments and was very keen on Roberts last time around but this doesn't quite gel with my recollection....
Roberts had 3 clubs after him and he ruled out the Dragons first, a few weeks before he decided on the Broncos.
Sorry, can't recall which club was his 2nd choice but it wasn't the Dragons.
Its why I would hesitate to sign him.... Dragons offered him the best deal iincluding $400K or $450K, and he dismissed the offer and signed with the Broncos for much less (as if!)

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
SM, I like your comments and was very keen on Roberts last time around but this doesn't quite gel with my recollection....
Roberts had 3 clubs after him and he ruled out the Dragons first, a few weeks before he decided on the Broncos.
Sorry, can't recall which club was his 2nd choice but it wasn't the Dragons.
Its why I would hesitate to sign him.... Dragons offered him the best deal iincluding $400K or $450K, and he dismissed the offer and signed with the Broncos for much less (as if!)

I believe that second club was Souths; you're 100% correct, Roberts quickly ruled out joining SGI.

Bench
Are The rumours about Mansour wanting out from Penrith real or just crap. Would he be a fit for us.

Mansour would be a huge improvement on our current wingers, but would prefer to give the young guys the opportunity to secure a FG spot or 2.

They are currently cheap and have been outstanding representative players as juniors thus far.

They won't all make it but we are well placed in virtually every backline position with 2-3 quality juniors preparing to compete for each position from 1-5.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Mansour is good, but I feel what we need is a speedy, bounding winger along the lines of Koroibete, Ferguson (though more of a centre) or Radradra

Still an improvement on both of our wingers.

Life's Good

Coach
Mansour would be a huge signing. Hits the line like an axe, strong defender, can pass a bit and is good under the high ball.
Firstly the rumour he wants out has to be real. Secondly, we have to be on the lookout. A lot needs to happen.

Latest posts