What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Witcher 3

Iafeta

Referee
Just bought this the other day. Wow how good is this so far ? Loving it already, even though it's taken me a while to get used to all the stuff you can do. I did the early side quest, the devil at the well i think it's called. I love how you have to do a bit of detective work before you just go blundering in there to kill the noonwraith. Side quests in this game are a lot better than skyrim imo.

Can't wait til tonight so I can play more, love it.

Very envious. There's nothing better than starting your W3 journey because everything is incredibly fresh.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Oh man its so good. Unless you are playing on an easy difficulty clear out white orchard it will help you be leveled about right going into Velen.

It can be a bit easy to get lost at times in the storytelling because its an established world so it pays to read the codex or whatever it is but yeah makes pretty much every other Crpg look like a piece of shit

Reactions: OVP
Oh man its so good. Unless you are playing on an easy difficulty clear out white orchard it will help you be leveled about right going into Velen.

It can be a bit easy to get lost at times in the storytelling because its an established world so it pays to read the codex or whatever it is but yeah makes pretty much every other Crpg look like a piece of shit
I'd call it an action rpg personally

Greatest cprg to me is divinity original sin 2, the 2 games are incomparable to each other

OVP

Coach

Yep thats how i play most games anyway. I fully intend to visit all the undiscovered locations and all the side quests i find before i fight the griffin. That thing looks beastly and it goes without saying I will need to be well leveled to fight it without getting owned hard lol.

Yep thats how i play most games anyway. I fully intend to visit all the undiscovered locations and all the side quests i find before i fight the griffin. That thing looks beastly and it goes without saying I will need to be well leveled to fight it without getting owned hard lol.
The thing is with that game is level isn't the be all and end all, you can out level but with the right strategy and a flawless fight you can generally kill anything

I was level 19 and with an npc we killed 8 or so level 34? f**king dwarves for an elvish blacksmith

OVP

Coach
The thing is with that game is level isn't the be all and end all, you can out level but with the right strategy and a flawless fight you can generally kill anything

I was level 19 and with an npc we killed 8 or so level 34? f**king dwarves for an elvish blacksmith

Yep that sounds good. But i mainly meant weapons and armour. I've still got my shitty arse silver sword you start with.

OVP

Coach
Was just wondering if anyone knew wtf is up with the lip sync being way out of whack with the sound in the cut scenes ? I've googled but yet to find a fix that actually works.

I don't have the greatest pc, but there is nothing wrong when playing, it runs like a dream on medium settings (might even give high a go). But the cut scenes make me feel like I'm watching an old Bruce Lee flick. Is there a fix for this ?

Was just wondering if anyone knew wtf is up with the lip sync being way out of whack with the sound in the cut scenes ? I've googled but yet to find a fix that actually works.

I don't have the greatest pc, but there is nothing wrong when playing, it runs like a dream on medium settings (might even give high a go). But the cut scenes make me feel like I'm watching an old Bruce Lee flick. Is there a fix for this ?
I've never heard anything like this before sorry dude.....

Iafeta

Referee
Similar to that, I don't ever recall that issue. It is a shame because the cut scenes are outstanding. I may need to fire it up again this weekend.

The f**king soundtrack is perfect too and when it wants to be it's legitimately creepy, fighting a wraith in an afternoon sunshower

It hits every tone like comedy and loss, then both expansions which aren't to be confused with dlc

The first one was legitimately creepy around the antagonist and the second one was silly and whimsical

The worst part is that they call it the end of Geralts story

Each quest has a story and a purpose, there are no raptor feathers or kill x amount of y and leave the rest behind

The cities feel lived in with foot traffic and bigoted merkins who hate you for being a witcher

Iafeta

Referee
Started playing again. Currently smoking a pack of cigarettes in dirty satisfaction mode. Had a brutal series of battles, had to craft some fighting strategy and I was just about dead but emerges victorious. Oh my.

I always feel like this after I return to either W3, Fallout 4 or Skyrim. I get trapped in those worlds.

OVP

Coach
This game is like crack. Seriously hooked. Best side missions in any game I've ever played and I've been playing games for about 35 years, probably more.

Just met Triss ... yum.

It's 6:17am and I've been playing all night ... need sleep bad lol.

OVP

Coach
I'm loving the third level of Aard sweep. f**king *bang* and they're all down. Here comes stabby stabby lol.

I have to say I hardly use Quen, and only use it to regain health. I just go all out attack, I have a sickness in that area in any game :(

Latest posts