What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JLT Sheffield Shield 2017/18

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone except Oozie failed, I dont count MMarsh he's only an ODI prospect. Smudger made runs but he's a given.

Surley they cant pick Renshaw on this type of form, Bancroft has surely earned a shot. No one wants the no 6 spot.

The Toyman failed again, we really are struggling to find some form batsmen.

Incorrect

Coach
Everyone except Oozie failed, I dont count MMarsh he's only an ODI prospect. Smudger made runs but he's a given.

Surley they cant pick Renshaw on this type of form, Bancroft has surely earned a shot. No one wants the no 6 spot.

The Toyman failed again, we really are struggling to find some form batsmen.
Hard to ignore Bancroft, 160-odd not out after some other impressive innings this Shield season... Harsh on Renshaw maybe but his numbers are awful at the moment...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think its harsh on Renshaw, he is simply out of form. That said our selectors have a terrible record of picking players on very old form.

Boggles the mind.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Won't shock me if they pick Bancroft as the keeper. It makes the middle order very solid. Cartwright and Bancroft at 6 and 7 will be a good middle order. The question is his keeping but I haven't seen him keep badly this year. Seems he's been working on it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I reckon they might throw Bancroft in at 6 to solidify a misfiring middle order.

That's the other option. They may also not play Nevill and play Bancroft as the keeper. If they picked Wade, they sure as anything can pick Bancroft. His keeping is better than Wade's.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That's the other option. They may also not play Nevill and play Bancroft as the keeper. If they picked Wade, they sure as anything can pick Bancroft. His keeping is better than Wade's.
Maybe, but I’ll just think thru’ll Pick the best keeper which is Nev and the safest batting option Bancroft.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Maybe, but I’ll just think thru’ll Pick the best keeper which is Nev and the safest batting option Bancroft.

I'd still rather Cartwright in there somewhere. He's had 5 Shield innings. Looked very good in 2 (posting 2 50's), and got 35 yesterday which wasn't a failure.

He won't be the first or last to cop a jaffa from Starc or Hazlewood. A batsman can easily get a good one early.

He's actually been more consistent than any option at number 6 and I do feel even though his bowling is pie throwing, they like the idea of at least having the option.

Just can see the selectors picking Bancroft, there would not have been stories about him being considered 2 weeks ago if he wasn't.

Don't mind who is keeper as long as Wade isn't!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
On form it should be

Bancroft at 1

Cartright at 6

Neville at 7

but we've never picked players on current form, we have this pecking order process which involves players pushing their way up the order till its their turn, we quiet often pick players on old form instead of current form

hineyrulz

Post Whore
On form it should be

Bancroft at 1

Cartright at 6

Neville at 7

but we've never picked players on current form, we have this pecking order process which involves players pushing their way up the order till its their turn, we quiet often pick players on old form instead of current form
Or in Wades case no form at all.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Nevill fails. awful shot too.

Can see Bancroft if he makes a huge daddy hundred today being picked.

simmo1

First Grade
I suggested Bancroft as keeper a few weeks ago and was told his keeping was shit, so I cant see them picking him at 7.

I like the idea of 1.Bancroft 6. Cartwright 7. Nevill. With Nevill being extremely lucky due to lack of other options.

Incorrect

Coach
His keeping is no worse than Wade's, in fact it is probably a fair bit better.
This bloke here is probably a better keeper than Wade...

armless-man-smoking-a-cheroot-khumb-mela-festival-2001-allahabad-uttar-a05nxa.jpg

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Double hungy....Welcome to our new Wicketkeeper Bancroft.

Renshaw will open Cartwright will bat 7, Bancroft 6.

It will happen.