What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFrog

Coach
1. Matt Moylan
2. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
3. Zac Hardaker
4. Peta Hiku
5. Michael Oldfield
6. Te Maire-Martin
7. Jamie Soward
8. Jeremy Latimore
9. James Segeyaro
10. Suiai Matagi
11. Chris Grevamuhl
12. Sitaleki Akauolo
13. Elijah Taylor

Mitch Rein
Will Smith
George Jennings
Robert Jennings
Darren Nichols
Chris Smith
Andy Saunders
Andrew Heffernan
Zachary Docker-Clay
Samisoni Langi
About three of them you'd actually feed.

mxlegend99

Referee
And MX whinged and moaned about most of these players endlessly. Now that they are gone he's whinging that we have high player turnover. Give us a break.

Tom.
How about you read it again... and the context of this thread.

Our club talks about roster stability... that is anything but roster stability.

People talk about having a great deal of our roster locked up for 2+ years... the majority of those players were released early.

Im happy to see many of them gone. But my feelings on any of those players ibdividually are not the point... the point is that contracts at this club aren't worth shit, nor are the words that come out of Phil Goulds mouth.

Thats a ridiculous turnover considering Hook has only been with us for 2 seasons.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

People talk about having a great deal of our roster locked up for 2+ years... the majority of those players were released early.

Im happy to see many of them gone. But my feelings on any of those players ibdividually are not the point... the point is that contracts at this club aren't worth shit, nor are the words that come out of Phil Goulds mouth.

Thats a ridiculous turnover considering Hook has only been with us for 2 seasons.

This post is ridiculous...

BxTom

Bench

So you're glad that they are gone, but we shouldn't have turnover! Lol, lol, lol!

Tom.

mxlegend99

Referee
So you're glad that they are gone, but we shouldn't have turnover! Lol, lol, lol!

Tom.
Comprehension is not your strong suit is it? Or are you intentionally trying to miss the point?.. focusing on what I specifically said WASN'T the point.

But since you bring it up... many does not mean all. There are many I would prefer were still here. Likewise many that are better off gone. But considering that was never the point of the post. I didnt feel the need to expand upon it.

The point is the ridiculous amount of player turnover in such a short time, the fact that many were still contracted and the fact the several of them left after we were told definitively that they were staying.

The club flat out lie to us and people try to defend it. There's no reason to believe Gus when he says something now.

hindy111

Post Whore
on the bright side maybe this will be gus' incentive to hook hook and sign ivan.

then again its gus f**king gould.

Lets say Panther make finals AGAIN. While Tigers dont. Would that be 3 yrs Cleary has been in finals In first 3 yrs? If you where a father and wanted the best for your son what would you say? Come help your dad or stay where your going well? No offense but the Tigers are a shit run club. I wouldn't reccomend going there. It is not like they are the Storm or Brisbane.
It would be selfish by Ivan who took the bottom of the barrel job available. Tigers are worse run club in nrl.

OldPanther

Coach
Lets say Panther make finals AGAIN. While Tigers dont. Would that be 3 yrs Cleary has been in finals In first 3 yrs? If you where a father and wanted the best for your son what would you say? Come help your dad or stay where your going well? No offense but the Tigers are a shit run club. I wouldn't reccomend going there. It is not like they are the Storm or Brisbane.
It would be selfish by Ivan who took the bottom of the barrel job available. Tigers are worse run club in nrl.

He would more likely see Nathan as a player who can help bring on field success. More so if he keeps playing finals footy.

Royce is King

Juniors
At the end of the day if Nathan wants to play for his dad..... there is nothing our club can do to stop this from happening. Football wise mad to go to the Tigers but blood is thicker than water.

The other major point about Cleary..... If Garth Brennan has just paid Ash Taylor $1.2 mill a year starting in 2019... WTF is Nathan worth? If Taylor is worth 1mill Nathan is worth 3mill... that is how stupid the Titans deal is.

hindy111

Post Whore
At the end of the day if Nathan wants to play for his dad..... there is nothing our club can do to stop this from happening. Football wise mad to go to the Tigers but blood is thicker than water.

The other major point about Cleary..... If Garth Brennan has just paid Ash Taylor $1.2 mill a year starting in 2019... WTF is Nathan worth? If Taylor is worth 1mill Nathan is worth 3mill... that is how stupid the Titans deal is.

Taylor is excellent....

Tigers are a poorly run club. And what makes everyone confident Ivan will be there after 2 full seasons.
If he is id imagine theyve played well which means Brooks has come good. Cleary has a simmilar style of play. He is not your flashy type of half like say Moses. More a steady calming influence with a great kicking game.
Lot of things need to happen for Cleary to follow Dad. Id put it in the 5% chance.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Stating the truth is ridiculous?

I guess that's consistent with being perfectly happy when the club/Gus lies to us.

When did the club/Gus lie so badly that it has you so greatly offended.

I don’t get why you lot get so wound up in the Politics. Stop listening to the media so much.

We have a cracking side next year and we will have a real crack it. Just look forward to that!

mxlegend99

Referee
When did the club/Gus lie so badly that it has you so greatly offended.

I don’t get why you lot get so wound up in the Politics. Stop listening to the media so much.

We have a cracking side next year and we will have a real crack it. Just look forward to that!
One lie that cluld have been an honest mistake is fine. Constant lies is not.

Media - TMM is on the outer and being shopped around.
Us - thats not true. He is part of our future plans
A couple weeks later he is gone.

Media - Moylan is unhappy with the coach. Moylan wants to leave us. Etc.
Gus - moylan has no issues with the coach and wants to remain a Panther
A few weeks later he is gone

Gus - we want to build a roster around locally developed players
Gus - throws all our salary cap at Tamou, Merrin and Maloney

Gus - we want roster stability
Gus - has pushed out and/or let go of 20+ players in last 2 seasons

We knew Moylan was gone... our CEO admitted it was 50/50 immediately after the rumours startes abd before Gus came out trying to sell us bullshit. We proceeded to use him in our membership marketing and then as the media said all along he is gone.

Gus has to go. He has done a lot of good for the club. But as each year passes he is undoing alot of that good. All hes good at now is telling the fans what they want to hear and believe... even though it ends up being lies. Give me the truth even if its not as nice to hear anyday. Atleast we could trust his word then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts