What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - QF1 - AUS 46-0 SAM @ Darwin

QF Result: AUS v SAM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

TL-AUS18.png

1. Billy Slater 2. Dane Gagai 3. Will Chambers 4. Josh Dugan 5. Valentine Holmes
6. Michael Morgan 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Aaron Woods 9. Cameron Smith 10. David Klemmer 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Matt Gillett 13. Josh McGuire

Interchange: 14. Wade Graham 15. Jordan McLean 16. Regan Campbell-Gillard 17. Tyson Frizell
18. Felise Kaufusi 19. Cameron Munster 20. James Maloney 21. Ben Hunt

TL-SAM18.png

1. Young Tonumaipea 2. Matthew Wright 3. Ricky Leutele 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Timoteo Lafai
6. Jarome Luai 7. Ben Roberts
8. Junior Paulo 9. Jazz Tevaga 10. Herman Essese 11. Joshua Papalii 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Leeson Ah Mau

Interchange: 14. Fa'amanu Brown 15. Bunty Afoa 16. Suaia Matagi 17. Joseph Paulo
18. Zane Musgrove 19. Frank Winterstein 20. Pita Godinet 21. Ken Maumalo

Match Officials
Referee: Phil Bentham
Sideline Officials: Chris Sutton, Belinda Sleeman
Video Referee: Ashley Klein​

Burns

First Grade
When will Samoa turn up?

They haven’t won a test since the Pacific Test of 2016 I think? Have gone well backwards since then as well. Clearly have well discussed issues in their halves, but have expected them to go as well as Tonga in this WC.

All that said, I think they should have the ability to cause Australia a few problems in the first half.

Billythekid

First Grade
When will Samoa turn up?

They haven’t won a test since the Pacific Test of 2016 I think? Have gone well backwards since then as well. Clearly have well discussed issues in their halves, but have expected them to go as well as Tonga in this WC.

All that said, I think they should have the ability to cause Australia a few problems in the first half.

They're missing a few key players that have held them back quite a bit. They're team is still decent on paper but I can't see them troubling Australia at all. Im expecting a 30+ point score line.

Springs09

Juniors
When will Samoa turn up?

Samoa are missing 10+ players. The fact they can still put out a squad that looks alright on paper is a testament to how far the pacific nations have come.

grouch

First Grade
The ones I know of are Milford, Kasiano, Asiata, Moga, S Mata'utia, Winterstein, Liu, Sue... that's it? Decent bunch there

Springs09

Juniors

Nofoaluma, Winterstein, Milford, May, S. Mata'utia, Moga, McGuire, Liu, Soliola, Kasiano, Asiata, K. Pritchard, Sue, Auva'a. Not counting Simona for obvious reasons.

I don't know if Soliola and Auva'a were just not selected, and McGuire and Liu are obviously with other teams, but the rest are injured. That's still ten players, which is at least as much as Scotland, Wales and France have out.

Last edited:

JasonE

Bench
Samoa won't do any good until they get rid of that dud coach, how the hell does Bunty Afoa & that shit fullback keep getting picked. Much better players have missed out completely on the 17.

Golden point

Juniors
Munster is better and in better form
Muster has billy, cam smith and cooper helping him.
Morgan got the Cowboys to the Grand finale on his own back.
I really like Munster but because he played well vs some minows means diddly. He's had 1 good season and relatively new to 5/8.
When your back is to the wall in the final Morgan is your guy.
Common sense prevailed here. Don't fight it.