What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Gronk

Staff member
If he comes back, I'll be excited.
He's the greatest player I've ever seen in the blue and gold.
I'm not going to be a vindictive prick and hate him for his past misdemeanours.
He's a club legend, and in my eyes, always will be.
Whatever he can offer us going forward is just a bonus.

Yes I too welcome back a player of his talent. I place a caveat on that approval however, as I fully expect him to put in a 100% effort similar to that of captains Mannah & Scott, Gutho etc.

If he is unwilling or unable to do this, then I think he should seek opportunities elsewhere.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yes I too welcome back a player of his talent. I place a caveat on that approval however, as I fully expect him to put in a 100% effort similar to that of captains Mannah & Scott, Gutho etc.

If he is unwilling or unable to do this, then I think he should seek opportunities elsewhere.
This.

...and for more than a few weeks at a time as well. Off the field as well as on the field.

Be the leader that the club would need you to be.

Not bashing the guy but based on past history has he ever been that person? Can he be someone that inspires other players and gets the best out of them?

If we sign him I f**ken hope he does become that person and that BA flogs him stupid if he gets any sense that Hayne is regressing.

We have a much different culture at the club these days and Hayne needs to recognise that and adjust his behaviour accordingly.

TheParraboy

Staff member
When Hayne was at Parra he was often the only one who was likely to win us a game, we were hardly a top 8 side let alone a top 4 side

The landscape has changed now, if Jarryd wants it bad enough he has the opportunity to kill it here as well as win a comp, he could easily command over one million again in due course

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Norman has a video on instagram of him training with Gower (and someone else I can't work out who) today

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...8/news-story/6a6dfdb33a12987e6f9619b2a5759f62

Eels remain silent of Jarryd Hayne’s Parramatta return for season 2018

The Daily Telegraph
November 15, 2017 2:50pm

PARAMATTA chief executive Bernie Gurr has not ruled out Jarryd Hayne returning to the NRL club from the Gold Coast next season.

Titans star Hayne this month denied rumours he’s pushing for a release from the final year of his deal to join his ex-club.

Gurr was given the opportunity to shut down speculation at a sponsorship announcement on Wednesday, but said, “we don’t discuss our recruitment strategy publicly. This is not the forum today.” The position represents a change of tack for Gurr.

In May, he spoke openly about the club’s desire to lure Titans hooker Nathan Peats back to the Eels, also revealing then there had been no approach from Hayne.

The Eels have been discouraged to recruit Hayne, with club great Peter Sterling urging the semi-finalists to instead retain their faith in fullback prospects Clint Gutherson and Bevan French.

Both players were reluctant to weigh into Hayne’s possible arrival on Wednesday given his contract with the Gold Coast, with Gutherson claiming to have not spoken to teammates about the possibility French said he did not believe Hayne was required for premiership success. “Whether he comes or not, we’re pretty happy with what we’ve got here,” French told reporters.

“He’s got that X-factor about him and he’s a freakish player ... (but) if he doesn’t come, I don’t think we’ll be too disappointed.

“We’re pretty confident with what we have now.” NSW and Fiji representative Hayne is reported to be seeking a release on compassionate grounds to be close to his partner and daughter. He has been unsettled on the Gold Coast and his feud with Neil Henry led to the coach’s sacking.

Latest posts