What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes

Brutalitops

Juniors
Rumours today that he wants out of the Sharks. Ain't happy with Dugan and Moylan (potential fullbacks) purchases as he was promised the position.

I don't tend to believe this one but would we be interested? Unlikely given he could only really play wing for us unless we screw over Dufty.

MrDragon007

Juniors
Rumours today that he wants out of the Sharks. Ain't happy with Dugan and Moylan (potential fullbacks) purchases as he was promised the position.

I don't tend to believe this one but would we be interested? Unlikely given he could only really play wing for us unless we screw over Dufty.
I read that also, but i also read that he has thrown down the challenge to both Dugan and Moylan that the fullback spot is his.
Dugan would replace Bird in the centres, and Moylan would replace Maloney, cant see the sharks weakening those positions AND losing Holmes....
Media beat up id say.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I read that also, but i also read that he has thrown down the challenge to both Dugan and Moylan that the fullback spot is his.
Dugan would replace Bird in the centres, and Moylan would replace Maloney, cant see the sharks weakening those positions AND losing Holmes....
Media beat up id say.
A lot of this hinges on what happens with Pearce I think. If he goes to Newcastle then I'd say Val will stay

giboz71

First Grade
Flanagan said that Holmes was the Sharks fullback for the next 10 years. He said this having already signed Dugan. Pretty sure that was to reassure Holmes that the FB spot was his.

Highly doubt he would be leaving so that Duges could play FB. We’re the only team stupid enough to play him at FB when centre is clearly his best position.

watatank

Coach
It's possible if the Sharks sign Pearce but it's just speculation. There won't be much to it until that happens, or Holmes lines up not at fullback.

Coffs dragon

Bench
The Sharks would have rocks in their head if they released Holmes. IMO he's a far better player than Moylan & Dugan put together. Also read the Roosters would only allow Pearce to be released if he went to a weaker club like the Knights and not a premiership force club. So I really can't see this Holmes scenario happening and just a media beat up.

stevedragon

Juniors

We'll have him. Val on one wing, Mansour on the other and Ferguson in the centres. Any other stupid rumours.

stevedragon

Juniors

Life's Good

Coach
Not one single quote attributed to Holmes 'wanting out'. It's not even a good rumour especially when Flanno has already stated Holmes will be first choice FB(stated not long after Dugan was signed).

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Holmes has already been linked to the club in previous years, and has said no.

The reason?

McGregor.

He won't come.

Latest posts