What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
I can wait for the over bloated Infinity Part 1.

300 Marvel heroes crammed in to a 3 hour movie, that won't actually end...
I reckon it’s going to be a spectacular fail.... :joy::joy:

It has to be.... how the f**k do you pull off a film of that magnitude.... it’s unheard of.

I also think heaps of motherf**kers are gonna get smoked my Thanos... :joy::joy:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
if you dont go in expecting it to be the greatest things ever and that it will rain $100 bills in the cinema, give you a bj and cure your cancer while you are watching it then it will be enjoyable. Unfortunately the majority will expect not th slightest bit less than this

gUt

Coach
if you dont go in expecting it to be the greatest things ever and that it will rain $100 bills in the cinema, give you a bj and cure your cancer while you are watching it then it will be enjoyable. Unfortunately the majority will expect not th slightest bit less than this

I'm old enough to remember when the comic came out and tbh it did actually do all those things.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
JL review embargo has lifted

Most are saying the story is simple and a bit clunky but the chemistry between the characters is great. Also, the villain is very forgettable

Most have given it a 65-75% mark

Last edited:

azzah72

Bench
JL review embargo has lifted

Most are saying the story is simple and a bit clunky but the chemistry between the characters is great. Also, the villain is very forgettable

Most have given it a 65-75% mark

Saw it last night. I thought it was fun.

I'd say the consensus about it being a bit clunky is right but I thought it was genuinely a good movie.

Flash is great.

shiznit

Coach
Watched Justice League this morning...

I’ll try not to spoil anything...

I enjoyed it... the team up was really awesome....

I liked the new guys... Cyborg especially.

The sequences were very cool... especially when they come together... it’s really awesome watching them work together.

I thought the story suffered severely from the fact that they didn’t have solo films for Aquaman, Cyborg & Flash before hand... so they spend a large chunk of the 2hr running time trying to establish the 3 new characters and they kinda gloss over the main story.

But because of the time restraints... they really can’t do justice to establishing the characters anyway.

Steppenwolf has been murdered by all the reaction I’m seeing... but if I’m honest i thought it was kinda straight out of a MCU villain book... hes a villain in a similar sense to how Ultron was....

Some of the CGI was horrendous.... there’s one scene early on where WW stands on a massive statue... it looks straight out of the late 90’s early 00’s.

Mind you... Ragnarok had some terrible CGI too...

I think it’s a good start.... definitely worth going to watch if your a comic book film fan....

I’d like to see them pull away from Snyder’s dark style... i think the humour in the chemistry that the characters have kinda lightens up Snyder’s tone....

The very end credit scene as well was VERY cool... really promising for what’s coming up.

Also.... I’m going to really look forward to the full directors cut... because from the sounds of things and even from watching the film... you get the feeling there’s a shitload that they cut.

Last edited: