What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitpicks and annoyances

So I'll only speak to WWE as it's all i know

Roman can't wrestle - he is better than a lot of attitude era guys moveset- wise, offensively he's better than his cousin by a margin but isn't made to sell, i loved him and Braun's fued, but not as fun to watch as the rock, he has charisma that's lost in poorly scripted promos

Anything post NXT with Sami - having never seen Sami in NXT i can tell he's an elite level worker and as a heel should be an instant main eventer but hasn't been offered the torch, why the f**k not?

The Beast Incarnate- this bloke is quarter the wrestler that the next big thing was, but why? Also part time champion is frustrating, I'd be more ok with him being retired

Rusev - why is he not being treated as well as Umaga? Similar powerful build but treated as a joke and not a threat, oozes monster heel charisma

The Bayley to belly - a transitional move used as a finisher because of a sloppy rhyme, Jesus titty f**king Christ

Dolph - everything since Vickie, more or less

Steph - everything in the past 5 years

Jason Jordan - talent wasted on a boring angle,i don't give a f**k because it'll lead nowhere

Braun - nipple slip singlet, please Braun higher cut singlet or no shirt

Bray - the coolest f**king useless heel of all time

KO - virtually as above combining Bray and Sami, why are all the good heels since STYLES inept at heeling and at the same time having more charisma than virtually anyone else on the f**king roster

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
KO is the best heel in the business. He needs to have the belt though.

I'd love for Sami to get the US title, KO heavyweight title and both of them to be tag champs for a few months

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Boring Corbin - if he's so big and nasty, why is he so shit and not made to look big or powerful?

Enzo - I get he's a good talker, but f**k his promos are jusy waaaay too f**king long now.

Forced catchphrases that no one is into and taunts before finishers/set up moves...i get its fake man but some of that shit is so hokey

Iafeta

Referee
Lack of psychology and ability to sell. I think part of it comes becomes the role of the jobber is dead. Sometimes it feels we see more outrageous moves but they don't achieve the same crowd reaction. Heels used to be genuinely despised, now often they're comic relief.

It can still be done. Remember when Taker for a period had that triangle choke? That was cool. Simple move. Looked devastating. Because of how it was sold.

Eelementary

Post Whore
WWE's inconsistent booking:

* Book Braun Strowman as unbeatable (and I love the dude - he's awesome)

* Have him get eliminated in the Royal Rble by Baron Corbin (who isn't exactly booked as a monster)

* Have Baron Corbin win the MITB

* Have Corbin lose the title opportunity in 4 seconds flat

* Initially build Rusev as a monster heel

* Years later, have him cheat to beat Orton, so we can laugh at how he carries on - despite the fact he's easily a better wrestler than Orton, and that he has plenty of charisma

Does my head in.

Iafeta

Referee
Scripted promos. It's overly produced. I think it reduces talents ability to engage with crowds. I'm not criticising writers, I think they're undervalued talents, but give the chaps a chance. I can only imagine someone like JYD who was an average in ring talent, but charismatic as all hell and had a unique promo, I can only imagine in this day and age he'd not have a chance to showcase his potential because I reckon the script would limit him.

Every f**king wrestler being made to look like a little bitch in Stephanie's presence. Absolute joke, how are they supposed to look strong and have us invest anything in them if they have to play second fiddle to the bosses daughter. She needs to take a leaf out of Shane's book.

Every f**king wrestler being made to look like a little bitch in Stephanie's presence. Absolute joke, how are they supposed to look strong and have us invest anything in them if they have to play second fiddle to the bosses daughter. She needs to take a leaf out of Shane's book.
This is why Shane needs to be kept involved

It's hard not to compare her to Dixie Carter at times