What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Tamou an OK season...? Wow, you really set the bar low hey?

RCG - 3368 mtrs - 10.4 mtrs per run
707 tackles -91 missed, Offloads - 11, tackle breaks - 37, Try assists-1,tries-3,line breaks -4

Tamou - 2851 at 9.86 mtrs per run,
717 tackles - 39 missed, 18 offloads, tackle breaks -54, 3 - tries, 3 - line breaks.

Tamou averaged 5 mins less a game so a higher work rate in defense and about same in runs.

hindy111

Post Whore
Tamou averaged
27 tackles and 110mtrs a game an offload and 2 tackle breaks .
Compared to elite props
Woods,Klemmer and Vaughan Tamou made most tackles, Tied first with Vaughn for tackle breaks. And second to Vaughn in meters gained per run.

So he has more tackle breaks,Tackles per game and meter per run then the current Australian props. Like I said, he had an ok year.

hindy111

Post Whore
He doesnt need to make 150mtrs agame aslong as his meter per carry are strong.
It just means someone else gets to take the run. Mansour perhaps or a prop off Bench.
Woods takes more as does Klemmer cause have less guys good at running the ball.

What is the obsession with meters made stat. Tolman clocks up the meters gained with his 8 mtr runs. If you can get 100mtrs + from a prop and share to work load that is more ideal then one having to rely on like tigers did with Woods.

Dogs props clock up big stats cause they dont have Mansour and DWZ style wingers doing strong carries.

He doesnt need to make 150mtrs agame aslong as his meter per carry are strong.
It just means someone else gets to take the run. Mansour perhaps or a prop off Bench.
Woods takes more as does Klemmer cause have less guys good at running the ball.

What is the obsession with meters made stat. Tolman clocks up the meters gained with his 8 mtr runs. If you can get 100mtrs + from a prop and share to work load that is more ideal then one having to rely on like tigers did with Woods.

Dogs props clock up big stats cause they dont have Mansour and DWZ style wingers doing strong carries.

Josh Mansour what a man. Should be on at least what Jim is, he's carried our pack for years

hindy111

Post Whore
Josh has already taken 2 before the lazy merkin in back to take a run

Unsure if you understand the game of rugby league. It would be much better to have meters gained and hit ups spread more even across park.
Tamous meters gained per run is very good. Tackles made excellent and also breaks tackles.
So if he took a other 3 runs a game he averages 140trs a game. Does that change your opinion on him?

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I need some explanation on third party payments. I keep hearing that Penrith (and some other clubs) has less 3rd party agreements than say the Roosters making it harder for us to get deals. But why is it different than what's the point of a cap when another team has more TPA?

mxlegend99

Referee
Tamou averaged
27 tackles and 110mtrs a game an offload and 2 tackle breaks .
Compared to elite props
Woods,Klemmer and Vaughan Tamou made most tackles, Tied first with Vaughn for tackle breaks. And second to Vaughn in meters gained per run.

So he has more tackle breaks,Tackles per game and meter per run then the current Australian props. Like I said, he had an ok year.
The averages per game are:
Woods - 17 runs for 162m
Klemmer - 17 runs for 167m
Tamou - 11 runs for 109m

50+ metres extra per game from the Australian props. Thats what forward leaders do. Tamou doesnt take the tough hitups. Tamou doesnt build or swing momentum. RCG averages about the same per run but they are a shitload more effective.

Tamou is paid to be our forward leader. He is paid as one of the games elite props. But his performance on field has been nowhere near that.

He performs like Tim Browne. He just has more minutes to have higher stats. They go out and make their runs. Make their tackles. But there's no impact in what they do. RCG runs with the intent to knock people over. Tamou runs with the intent not to get hurt.

Edit
Using your logic, Browne makes 65m off 6.58 runs. That's 9.87m per run. Higher than Woods 9.53m or Klemmers 9.82m per game.

Clearly Browne is also better than the Australian props.

franklin2323

Immortal
I need some explanation on third party payments. I keep hearing that Penrith (and some other clubs) has less 3rd party agreements than say the Roosters making it harder for us to get deals. But why is it different than what's the point of a cap when another team has more TPA?

TPA is x company can pay players for things like corporate gigs, marketing etc.

Clubs can't find this sponsor. Roosters have Politis, Mark Bouris etc on their board. It's these contacts that gets these deals.

The Footy Show, Southlands shops a few others were Moylan's one. More we get the more we can use

OldPanther

Coach

A TPA is basically a player working a second job. A company will pay them for use in advertising etc. Clubs like Roosters have more due to business contracts with the board or Brisbane(one team town with strong history in the area)

BossleyPanther

Juniors
A TPA is basically a player working a second job. A company will pay them for use in advertising etc. Clubs like Roosters have more due to business contracts with the board or Brisbane(one team town with strong history in the area)
Yea but we have so many companies from black town out to Penrith

Status
Not open for further replies.