What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

no name

Coach
Bruiser would have been red raw after they had Kevin McGee on talking about the Super Bikes or whatever is at Phillip Island this weekend.
Funny how the hosts all become 'experts' when the have a guest on, but don't know shit when plebs ring in to talk about sports that aren't very mainstream.

Life's Good

Coach
Correct me if I’m wrong but did Robbo start talking about a young GWS AFL recruit who got the flick, was told to go back to S.A. & train hard only to now be in line for a spot in the National CRICKET team??

Iafeta

Referee
Anyone hear Aunty Lisa ring in this arvo? Called in, asked if they were all going to the surfing comp. Which one they asked. She goes oh you know it's so hot on the east coast I thought there'd be one this time of year, ya know, so ya know, maybe Gold Coast. Then she talked about her days doing high school trampolining with her coach who was also her math teacher who taught her the devils dive. She then she doesn't really like sport, what with them rules and what have you.

Life's Good

Coach
Anyone hear Aunty Lisa ring in this arvo? Called in, asked if they were all going to the surfing comp. Which one they asked. She goes oh you know it's so hot on the east coast I thought there'd be one this time of year, ya know, so ya know, maybe Gold Coast. Then she talked about her days doing high school trampolining with her coach who was also her math teacher who taught her the devils dive. She then she doesn't really like sport, what with them rules and what have you.
Sounds like she has taken a crash course in the language of Robbo.

Lemon Squash

First Grade

I’ve banned myself from the show, my brain just couldn’t take the day on day stupidity anymore

Iafeta

Referee
Me too. I am like an alcoholic though, I need my fill every now and then. I tuned in for 5 blinking minutes and this Mong was on. # Unbealeievable.

taipan

Referee
I look at it this way.I listen to the "show" on the odd occasion, either to get a laugh, cringe or just to ensure that there are bigger idiots than me on this planet, sucking in oxygen(from hard working trees).
And by golly by gosh, are there some.

Jesus tap dancing Christ was she a punish.

Life's Good

Coach
Today was the first time I have listened in a while. Robbo still makes no sense, Tunks still isn’t funny, Hughes hasn’t watched much of the RLWC & Shane was on there dribbling.
It’s like I have never been away.

Brutus

Referee
I just turned on now and Phil from Dubbo was spitting out his usual five words per 30 seconds.

Off it goes.

taipan

Referee
And Robbo still struggles to comprehend what he is saying.

They used to say years back Australia had a brain drain, people going overseas to work.
Jump forward a few years we have our own brain drain ,Talk'n Sport.Any listener with an ounce of grey matter in his noggin.loses a fair whack of it,after subjecting himself to this radio equivalent of a weekend pub crawl.
Incoherent,inaudible,indigestible,incredulous,incontinent waffle that permeates the airwaves of this fair city.
Why are we punished so? Who let the loons out?
Captain Phillip must be rolling in his grave, thinking WTF "this is the end result of the first settlement."

no name

Coach
Apparently basketball has a position of 'wing' now.
Yesterday, the newsreader was telling me about the wing for Melbourne United in the NBL.