What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we learn something from super rugby?

taipan

Referee
You do realise how tiny travel distances are in Europe? Particularly between the big nations of England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany? hardly qualifies as globe trotting.

Geography and Teddy Boy are not the best of bed buddies.

BuffaloRules

Coach
What can we learn from Super Rugby?

As mentioned back in the early days of this thread, expansion by itself in non heartland areas is no measure of success, and can ultimately create bigger problems...

Need to proceed carefully...

taipan

Referee
I wonder if South Sydney can be used by the Force lawyers as a legal precedent

South Sydney wasn't owned by the NRL,the Farce apparently owned by the ARU.I guess that makes a hell of a difference.
I hope they don't go through with legal efforts,leave it.Leave it open for rugby league, you know it makes sense.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
The Melbourne club will be gone in 3 seasons, they've cut their own throat with this silly decision, and I thought people running Rugby League were bad. The game might've had a hope cutting the Vic team but not now, they'll end up dragging the whole lot down with them.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Ok let's.
Benefits the Force have brought to union in WA:
$10million union centre of excellence built by WA govt for Force/WARU
Tripled Jnr player numbers since Force admitted to super 15
$125million Upgrade to nib stadium partly to accomodate force
Zero media Coverage of union to decent coverage in the west Australia every day
Growth of wallabies brand with regular internationals played in Perth
Second grade Perth union team playing in a national comp
Development pathway leading to Number of WA jnrs coming through into super15
First few years ran at a profit and claim increasing crowd from current 10k to 13k would return them to profit.

Reality is the only place they have failed is on the field. After a decade of winless teams they have lost half their paying fanbase and corporate favouritism. If they had managed to build a competitive team, like storm have done, they would be sitting very comfortably.

No one will be happier than me if the force are moved next year but it Aint going to happen. They are one main sponsor or one successful team away from making a profit again, something most of the other clubs seem a Long way from doing.

Ouch Red.... These were the days hey?

How the mighty Force and Union in WA has fallen...

What can we learn from Super Rugby?

Be careful when expanding to WA...

Im not against it by any means, but as I have said repeatedly, a team by itself is no guarantee for success for any code...

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeh Im amazed, I thought League had an innate ability to shoot itself in the foot but Union has blown off both legs below the knees here! If only we had an NRL that could capitalise on their demise.

There are 23 Jnr Union clubs and 19 mens snr clubs. I'd be on the phone offering them a place in the NRLWA competition! Then Id be on the phone to the WA Govt about taking over the elase on RUgby WA's CofE!

Latest posts