What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - QF2 - NZL 2-4 FIJ @ Wellington

QF Result: NZL v FIJ

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ULYSSES

Juniors
This might be a feel good moment but it is not good for the game. Minnows pushing the games powers to the limit is good for the game but having two nations of bugger all population that are really Rah Rah nations beat a major power is plain embarrassing.
Does this help the game in NZ .....No. I would rather a strong NZ than a nation of less population than Auckland.

Meth

Staff member
This might be a feel good moment but it is not good for the game. Minnows pushing the games powers to the limit is good for the game but having two nations of bugger all population that are really Rah Rah nations beat a major power is plain embarrassing.
Does this help the game in NZ .....No. I would rather a strong NZ than a nation of less population than Auckland.

Huh?

It’s fantastic for the game.

Increasing the popularity of Rugby League in the Pacific Islands will be massive for Rugby League!

Northern

Juniors
What a stunning match. For me, NZ looked absolutely bereft of ideas. Major disappointment for me was Shaun Johnson. Don't mean to take anything away from Fiji, but they will have to make another massive step up next week.

As a lover and supporter of international league I want to be excited by this result, but somehow feel a little low. Great for the competition, but not sure NZ looking 3rd rate is great for our game. Just my initial reaction.

Also, how come such a feeble crowd?

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
I'm still laughing lol

Yet he still managed to coach them to beat England. And let's no beat around the Bush, this is the worst kiwis side in history.

I think this (and the warriors), and the poor managemnt of the game by NZRL will put the game on life support in NZ. I know most if not all regions are struggling....and there's no money.

SBD82

Coach
Congrats Fiji. That was huge.

Amazing World Cup. Loving seeing the footy played by so many teams that people had written off.

Iafeta

Referee
Kidwell should've been sacked on the spot as soon as he said "the key is we"

I am astonished he was afforded a second chance after Scotland. That was comical. NZRL are in a world of hurt. Financially things aren't good and the standards they continue to support are awful.

As much as I'm happy for Tonga and Fiji, I still have fears for the sustainability of NZRL from an organisational perspective. Given Australia limit themselves to playing England and NZ, I think NZ falling apart and not having the acumen to repair itself, its a concern I think.

Latest posts