What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

El Diablo

Post Whore
Can i use that?
use this

668855-phil-gould.jpg

Glenneel

Bench
"
Parramatta will have to shed a player if Jarryd Hayne comes back to the fold next season - and it may be their star performer of 2017.

Clint Gutherson was superb for the Eels last season in a variety of positions, proving himself a ‘jack-of-all-trades’ before suffering a knee injury that brought a premature end to his year.

Several rival clubs are keen on Gutherson and the Eels don’t want to sell him - but they may have no choice given Hayne’s hefty price tag.

With Rooster Dylan Napa also likely to come on board, Parra definitely have cap management issues to deal with in coming weeks."

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/l...-gutherson/1badt24r036151jwlwyd1sjkf3/slide/2
Sounds like a load of shit for me. So the cap has gone up $2m, IDG and Semi have gone and Moses and Evans on board and suddenly we are almost over the cap? IDG and Semi would pay for Moses so Evans cost us $2m apparently. Sack the board now, most incompetent ever!!!!

Last edited:
Sounds like a load of shit for me. So the cap has gone up $2m, IDG and Semi have gone and Moses and Evans on board and suddenly we are almost over the cap? IDG and Semi would pay for Moses so Evans cost us $2m apparently. Sack the board now, most incompetent ever!!!!
we might go close to using the whole cap if Napa and Hayne sign.

hindy111

Post Whore

Exactly... Add those too and it would be around 1 mill
Gutherson re signed as did Auvua.Both would of been upgraded along with W.Smith. Id say there upgrades easily offset Semi wage .Also remember Moses was half price this year. We have added Kane Evans and he would of been atleast aroubd 350k.
I reckon 600k left would be on the money

El Diablo

Post Whore
it's the Derper

Avenger

Immortal
And signing Hayne for a year with an option in our favour would be perfect because then we would have a proper chance of signing Semi should he return either after the first or second year of his deal with French Rugby.

Win/win for everyone which is why the Hayne signing may be a wise move.

I actually think this may be BA’s thinking which is why I should be on the signing panel which I would do for free via this forum.

Gazzamatta

Coach
And signing Hayne for a year with an option in our favour would be perfect because then we would have a proper chance of signing Semi should he return either after the first or second year of his deal with French Rugby.

I actually think this may be BA’s thinking which is why I should be on the signing panel which I would do for free via this forum.
Moderators. Could we please install a "dislike" button.
Leave Hayne where he is. Would rather Layoun.

strider

Post Whore

And at what point during year one do we have that awkward discussion with hayne about not taking up the option? ... and do we expect him to jst say, sweet, and keep playing his best?

What's there to know? The meek inherited the earth as promised, but they were all millenials and couldn't handle it so now its for sale.

It's something along the lines of a person who has a sharp sword and knows how to use it, but chooses to keep it sheathed.

Basically, those who show control.

I doubt that's an accurate description of millennials.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And at what point during year one do we have that awkward discussion with hayne about not taking up the option? ... and do we expect him to jst say, sweet, and keep playing his best?
In that case he would be off contract an playing for a new one somewhere else. The ball would be in his court.