What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Fittler set for NSW Blues coach role after impressing with Lebanon in RLWC

OldPanther

Coach
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...c/news-story/97f6682de227ec05ce8d09415bc1859a

BRAD Fittler’s World Cup campaign with Lebanon is over, but he might not be out of a coaching job for long.

A new era for the NSW State of Origin side beckons with the NSWRL poised to announce Laurie Daley’s successor this week.

It’s anticipated that the NSWRL will converge on Friday to finalise their selection.

While Fittler is the favourite to be appointed head coach of the Blues, several more experienced coaches are also in the running.

Michael Maguire, John Cartwright and David Furner are under consideration.

The NSWRL are planning a final round of interviews prior to Friday’s gathering of the board.

The requirements for the position are largely unchanged from Daley’s tenure, after the board opted to only consider coaches who aren’t in an NRL head-coaching position.

Fittler has made no secret of his desire to take over the job of arresting more than a decade of Queensland dominance.

“Who wouldn’t want it? At the moment, NSW, you’ve got [Tom] Trbojevic coming through, Jack Bird, [James] Tedesco, all these super exciting players,” Fittler said recently.

“They’re going to put heaps of pressure on the players that have been there the last couple of years.

“So I just think the next person to coach NSW — and I’ve put my hand up with some other people — and it’s just a really ripe time to not only hopefully win some series, but I think hopefully there’s a few superstars there and we can really ride on the back of them.’’

As first revealed by The Sunday Telegraph last August, the NSW hierarchy would want Blues greats Phil Gould and Andrew Johns to work as advisers alongside Fittler.

It’s understood both Gould and Johns have indicated to the NSWRL of their willingness to support Fittler.

Fittler, Johns and Gould have also been given the green light to restore pride into the Blues jersey by their employer, Channel Nine.

So let me see....

Tedesco was there. Trbojevic was there. Bird was there.

QLD win the series.

Why does Fittler think that those three are the difference, when in Game 3, with the series there to be won by either side: NSW falls on their faces?

Those three weren't the difference between winning and losing Freddy. Guess you'll have to find another straw to clutch at.

OldPanther

Coach
So let me see....

Tedesco was there. Trbojevic was there. Bird was there.

QLD win the series.

Why does Fittler think that those three are the difference, when in Game 3, with the series there to be won by either side: NSW falls on their faces?

Those three weren't the difference between winning and losing Freddy. Guess you'll have to find another straw to clutch at.

Well Freddie isn't Loz so we are already better off.

T-Boon

Coach
As a coach is Fittler known for being a good strategist or a big motivator? Or anything? Whats he bring?

As a player he was a bit like Laurie Daley super talented but the laid back casual type. As a commentator he is the opposite of motivating.

TheFrog

Coach
Wanna know what the difference between winning and losing was? Both the captain and the coach were too stupid to tell the team to smash Thurston when he was left on with a busted shoulder.

OldPanther

Coach
As a coach is Fittler known for being a good strategist or a big motivator? Or anything? Whats he bring?

As a player he was a bit like Laurie Daley super talented but the laid back casual type. As a commentator he is the opposite of motivating.

He's one of the best man managers going and is completely different from his media personality as a coach. He'll have the boys wanting it.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Congrats Freddy. Great choice!

He's smart and his confidence will rub off on the players where as I feel Lozza seemed too unsure of himself at times.

I love the way Freddy is talking up the obvious talent NSW has. He'll instill a winning culture and unleash the kids with nothing to fear.

King hit

Coach
Very happy with this decision. Freddy bleeds blue and has been very impressive in rep coaching over the last couple of years. Been involved in aall the junior teams and the players would be in awe of his precense.

Go Freddy Go