What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
900k is still a heap of cash. Sure he be down 300k. But if you earnt that much would it bother you as much?
In comparrison it would be like someone earning 70k for a job they love or do a job they hate for 90k.
Not everyone is driven by money. Really money just buys time right? If Hayne is happy to own his own home and has 3 mill in jnvestments what the hell else wpuld a boy who come from housing commision want. I reckon he wouldnt care so much about a fancy suit,car or watch.
Do you have kids hindy? You can never have enough money.

T.S Quint

Coach
Taka can cover edge forward, so i reckon they're about the same in regards to versatility of position.

But of the positions they both cover,agree Hayne >.>>>>>Taka.

Taka can cover centre, edge forward and halves.

Hayne can cover fullback, wing, centre and halves.

I'm sure Taka could probably move to the wing if desperate, but I'm only going with actual positions the two have played previously.

T.S Quint

Coach

True, but happiness in your work is incredibly important. It is definitely worth giving up some money to be in a job that you enjoy rather than go to work every day miserable.

I gave up quite a lot of money to change careers myself. It would be nice to be earning more, but I never regret the decision.

T.S Quint

Coach
People are comparing Taka to Hayne now? FFS

Well, if Hayne does sign with the Eels then centre is one likely position he may play. And he's certainly not taking Jennings' place.

Even if Hayne plays fullback, Taka is still the odd man out, with Gutho moving into the centres.

hindy111

Post Whore

Depends on the life wanting to live though.
How much has Hayne made in career? My guess would be 6 -7 million so far.
If he was smart he be set up by now. And could maybe add another 3 before end of career.

You can never get time back. Why should he put himself through 12mths of dislike. He can never get that time back.

Well I guess you are correct about the first point considering we are debating it right now.

I believe Hayne is better in attack than Taka, and isn't any worse in defence (and could end up being much better with more time in the position).
Hayne covers more positions than Taka, and covers them more effectively I think.
The first bit was the only bit I meant.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think Hayne’s potential earning capacity beyond this contract will plummet if he stays up in the Goldy for another year (both on and off the field).

IMO he stands to earn more in the long term by taking a short term hit.

hindy111

Post Whore
So your saying your lifestyle is so great now you’d pass on half a mill if it meant having to live on Gold Coast for a year?

Some people do not care about the same things. You may want a 100k car a 2 million dollar house. A lot have been conditioned to think this is a great life.
Others maybe happy with a 400k house on a farm and doing their own thing. If you where happy ro live off $800 a week why do you need $10,000.

I am not saying I am right or wrong. There is no answer. It is just what it is.

If Hayne owned his own house and a few investment properties he might be happy with 770k- 800k a year.
Long term it may even pay off financially. Unhappy and playing poor may mean his next contract is 500k.
Happy and firing he may end up back in NSW and an Australian Jersey. He coukd pick up 140k a year from that. Then endorsements and a fatter contract in finals years.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Block me dummy....

Hayne hasnt been at our club for 3 season. He comes he comes, couldnt care less
This is a rumours thread, we are talking about a former champion Eel returning.

Hardly comparable to some dribbler fapping over the overrated choking Panthers every chance he gets.

Latest posts