What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

eels_fan

First Grade
Hayne can ask for a release from his contract on compassionate grounds, which would allow the titans to wipe him off their books without a payout, it would make his contract null and void providing the NRL accepted the compassionate grounds submission. Given it appears to be due to family - I can’t see them not approving it

Noise

Coach
Hayne can ask for a release from his contract on compassionate grounds, which would allow the titans to wipe him off their books without a payout, it would make his contract null and void providing the NRL accepted the compassionate grounds submission. Given it appears to be due to family - I can’t see them not approving it

Any contract can be null and voided for what ever reason if both parties agree. Doesn't have to be compassionate grounds. The sticking point is going to be how much Hayne wants the Titans to chuck in. They don't have to pay a cent but have to decide how much is worth not having an unhappy $1.2million player at the club

TheParraboy

Staff member
Here's one for the ages

Hayne man of the match performance (aka 2009), sinking the kangaroos out of the world cup next Friday night.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Are the Titans copping the whole 1.2 Million, or is Trip-A-Deal still putting up 500k through the marquee player allowance?

If the Titans are only paying 700k, Can't see them kicking the can for more than a few hundred k at best. They still have to replace him with another fullback.

Unless of course they can shift the marquee money to Haynes replacement or Ash Taylor or the likes.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
KE has posted some interesting stuff on instagram:

"Find the courage to let go of what you can't change - hone heke"

"Going through a real hard time"

Probably nothing but only posting because of Avengers rumour/mail.

hindy111

Post Whore
KE has posted some interesting stuff on instagram:

"Find the courage to let go of what you can't change - hone heke"

"Going through a real hard time"

Probably nothing but only posting because of Avengers rumour/mail.

Sounds more like maybe his partner left him? Who knows.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He doesn't need a reason to mutually cancel his contract with the Titans. The point is he will want them to offer a payout because he has them over a barrel. If it was just a matter of him not wanting to be there he wouldn't have taken up his second year option.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k=b68d0979f676d343f6809bb86b0db47b-1511092591

Michael Hagan helps Australia plan to ground Fiji star Jarryd Hayne

DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
November 19, 2017 8:17pm

HE has played NRL grand finals, cracked the big time in NFL, won Origin matches almost single-handedly and claimed two Dally M Medals.

Fijian star Jarryd Hayne is made for the big occasion. And that’s what concerns the Australian camp ahead of this weekend’s Rugby League World Cup semi-final against Fiji in Brisbane.

So the man who helped mould Hayne’s early career is contributing to the game plan to shut him down.

Michael Hagan was Parramatta coach when Hayne burst on to the scene as a rookie in 2006. Now, 11 years later, he is plotting the downfall of Hayne and his Fijians as Mal Meninga’s Kangaroos assistant.

Hagan worked with Hayne for three seasons at the Eels, witnessing first-hand the skill of one of the most dangerous players in rugby league.

“He has always shown he can perform in big games. That is something else for us to consider this week,” Hagan said.

“I reckon he would be among the more talented young blokes I have come across in my time.”

After a difficult season with the Gold Coast which resulted in the Titans missing the finals and coach Neil Henry being sacked, Hayne has found form in the freestyle Fijian football at the World Cup.

“He has great instincts for the game and seems to know where to be at the right time,” Hagan said.

Hayne is Fiji’s main man. If he flicks the switch, Fiji stand some chance of upsetting the favourites.

“He has assumed that leadership role and playing at six too, (Fiji coach) Mick Potter has shown the confidence in him to run the team,” Hagan said.

Australia promise to show respect for Fiji, although they are heavy underdogs. The islanders rolled into the semi-finals after a historic 4-2 win over New Zealand in Wellington on Saturday night.

“Fiji all seem to be well-connected and are full of confidence,” Hagan said.

“They are playing with a lot of spirit and have a lot of belief in their team.

“They are worthy semi-finalists and we have to treat them that way.”

Hayne and his side privately rate themselves a chance of causing the biggest boilover in World Cup history.

Michael-Hagan-6310011.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
I would laugh my tits off if Hayne had been holding back all tournament and then single handedly did for Australia.

Unlikely as shit obviously, but f**k it'd be funny