What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel World Cup planned for Pakistan

Coparugby

Juniors
Pakistan and Italy as a start. Probably Greece too as they are part of the rebel crowd. Would not surprise me if they wrangled up a dozen nations with TV coverage, sponsors etc.

Will probably also get government involvement and/or support.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I know this is a problem for the RLIF, but the thing that still annoys me most watching that video is that they keep saying "Rugby". "Do you play Rugby ... Do you watch Rugby ... I love Rugby".

They make it sound like the Rugby League is a subsidiary of World Rugby (and the name doesnt help, it fits right in. Rugby 7s, Womens Rugby, Rugby League; it fits the format).

World Rugby League is clearly a ploy by World Rugby to make RL appear to be a subsidiary sport of the World Rugby body; can we at least make this bullshit difficult for the?!?!? Its like RL people enjoy being f*cked over....

Coparugby

Juniors
I know this is a problem for the RLIF, but the thing that still annoys me most watching that video is that they keep saying "Rugby". "Do you play Rugby ... Do you watch Rugby ... I love Rugby".

They make it sound like the Rugby League is a subsidiary of World Rugby (and the name doesnt help, it fits right in. Rugby 7s, Womens Rugby, Rugby League; it fits the format).

World Rugby League is clearly a ploy by World Rugby to make RL appear to be a subsidiary sport of the World Rugby body; can we at least make this bullshit difficult for the?!?!? Its like RL people enjoy being f*cked over....
They will also show sport accord government recognition, sponsors and 1000s of people in stadiums. Looked like well over 1000 at the Italy v Pakistan match with plenty of sponsors. The Pakistan government even gave it a mention. The Italian ambassador says it’s his country’s national team.

If they run a World Cup it will be disastrous for RLIF recognition.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Divide and conquer.

It should all be about sports, but no we have to have all the political garbage thrown in just for a spoil, can't just play the game, that would be too easy. Too many deceptive-corrupt-over ambitious types involved, the sort of people that should be kept as far away from any sort of influence as can possibly be.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
This is just weird. The sad thing is it will suck in genuinely passionate fans and people on the ground in these countries who will ultimately be shafted and lost forever.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
That tweet clearly using #Rugby to muddy the waters. This is dodgy as and I'm genuinely shocked by what is going on here and the seemingly wide reach World Rugby seem to have

Coparugby

Juniors
A media article about the match

https://www.dawn.com/news/1371354

”Information Minister Marriyum Aurangzeb, who was the chief guest, described the occasion as an effort to revive international sporting events in the country. She credited the government for bringing peace and covincing the international teams to play in Pakistan.”

Coparugby

Juniors
“SportsFever360 will not only help Pakistan Rugby League in organizing their events and marketing them but will also work hand in hand with PRL and its team to promote and take the sports to masses of Pakistan with extensive local and international plans for 2018–2020 inside and outside Pakistan.

Sportsfever360 & PRL will be initiating some exciting leagues and events in Pakistan to boost rugby’s profile as a sport in Pakistan.”

https://pakviralpoint.com/2017/11/14/pakistan-to-face-italian-rugby-team-in-islamabad/

deal.with.it

Juniors
So a quick look on social media shows that the Pakistan Sports Board is supporting all of this, along with UAE company Sportsfever360, World Rugby League, Ikram Butt etc.
Really need to sort this shit out.