What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
And just one thing that I would like to point out.... this really is for MX, UMINA and BILLY.... please mate Matt Moylan is not the prodigal son.... No these 3 league experts will have you thinking nothing but the next IMMORTAL is good enough for good old Matty!

Here is a post of mine from over a week ago:

Moylan was dumped upon by a number on this forum when he moved to 6 not because of his performances, but because it just so happened that many of those of us who don't really rate Griffin all that much also wanted Moylan moved to 6. So my theory is those who really, really hate criticism of the club really wanted Moylan to fail at 6 just so they could in some way have a jab at a group of posters that they dislike.

Now, I've stated before that if Moylan was a lazy trainer or a dickhead or fostering discontent, I have no problem letting him go. And I honestly don't care whether the club did or did not lie about Moylan staying - my interest in the club transcends any single player, and always will, and I purposefully don't take any notice of sports-related interviews anyway, as they are mostly just sanitized horseshit.

But there is no doubt here that some on here had no interest in giving Moylan a fair shot at 6 and were way, way overly critical of his play in the last season - again, not because he was shit (he wasn't perfect, of course, but he showed signs of making the role his own and let me repeat he played like 8 games in total there), but because he became associated with a certain group of posters who are viewed as too critical of the club. That's my theory anyway.

I look forward to see how Maloney fits into the side. It's going to be interesting.

Key points in bold. I assume you read it, because you had one of your patented tantrums on the same page telling the three of us to f**k off and crying about something or other. (It's hard to keep your little breakdowns separate, to be honest.)

So why lie about my position? One post after complimenting someone on a reasonable, well explained post, you come up with this shit. Why? Do you need to average out all the good posts with shit ones to maintain some kind of average we don't know about? How about giving up crying for a little while and emulate Exsilium for a change?

mxlegend99

Referee
Here is a post of mine from over a week ago:

Key points in bold. I assume you read it, because you had one of your patented tantrums on the same page telling the three of us to f**k off and crying about something or other. (It's hard to keep your little breakdowns separate, to be honest.)

So why lie about my position? One post after complimenting someone on a reasonable, well explained post, you come up with this shit. Why? Do you need to average out all the good posts with shit ones to maintain some kind of average we don't know about? How about giving up crying for a little while and emulate Exsilium for a change?
Youre not trying to suck Goulds dick. Ofcourse they hate you.

Every decision Gould makes is perfect. Every player we lose is shit. Every player we sign is perfect and will make the rest of our team perfect.

That is until they leave. Then they are shit and couldn't even crack our top 30.

They dont want a discussion. They want to circle jerk over Phil Gould and Anthony Griffin. Disagree on anything and they ignore any points raised.

Apparently Tamou is worth $750k a season because RCG said he learned something from him. Even though its a throwaway line players always say. Hey without him RCG would be shit.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Youre not trying to suck Goulds dick. Ofcourse they hate you.

Every decision Gould makes is perfect. Every player we lose is shit. Every player we sign is perfect and will make the rest of our team perfect.

That is until they leave. Then they are shit and couldn't even crack our top 30.

They dont want a discussion. They want to circle jerk over Phil Gould and Anthony Griffin. Disagree on anything and they ignore any points raised.

Apparently Tamou is worth $750k a season because RCG said he learned something from him. Even though its a throwaway line players always say. Hey without him RCG would be shit.

You’d know all about players making throw away lines, you can add that to the rest of the stuff you claim to know.

You haven’t got the foggiest idea how much Tamou earns, how could you?

No one is circle jerking over Gould or Griffin, you are yet to present me with a reason to doubt them. Your arguments make no sense. I’ll happily bag either of them if you can show me why.

Royce is King

Juniors
MX.... I deadset feel sorry for you..... I asked a question the other day if the likes of you would even be happy to win a comp under Gould / Griffin..... you posted back about 1 sentence about how you would be happy.... and then another 30 odd about everything that is wrong and why we wont.... you really get more enjoyment about being negative week after week....

I dont give a shit what you think of me ..... because the saddest thing is that in your tiny mind you think that you are an NRL coach... plus you know how to run the club and playing roster a crapload better than Gus..... who the F##K DO YOU THINK YOU ARE.

Royce is King

Juniors
Billy.. your a smartarse..... I am not the first to call you that here..... The point is most people on here are just sick of the same people death riding a coach that has done as good a job as you could hope for in his 1st 2 yrs.... tell me did he cost a comp in 2016? should we have been the G.F. instead of those 2 teams?..... and 2017..... what team wasnt playing for 2nd?..... A full strength Storm would beat the NSW TEAM.... he has 3 yrs to win a comp... FFS WHEN we make the semis next yr he will be our first coach in our history to make the finals 3 yrs in straight.

Hes not perfect... but give credit when its deserved. Our team were never going to win the last 2 comps.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Billy.. your a smartarse..... I am not the first to call you that here.....

That is correct, because most of you prefer to argue the man, not the issue. And when that fails, you just make up opinions for us and attack us on those, because it is easier than just discussing stuff. I don't know why you like doing that, but that is your right, I guess. I will just have to repost the actual things that I've said every time you do it, I guess.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Just wondering if any of you guys actually give a shit about the footy team?

Seems to me you all just use the forum to bag the crap out of each other.

Wouldn't be here if I didn't. Plenty of other places on the internet to cop and give out abuse if that was all I was interested in.

mxlegend99

Referee
You’d know all about players making throw away lines, you can add that to the rest of the stuff you claim to know.

You haven’t got the foggiest idea how much Tamou earns, how could you?

No one is circle jerking over Gould or Griffin, you are yet to present me with a reason to doubt them. Your arguments make no sense. I’ll happily bag either of them if you can show me why.
As I said. Say anything bad and its completely ignored.

The only thing you will happily do is bury your head in the sand as you think every move made is perfect.

MX.... I deadset feel sorry for you..... I asked a question the other day if the likes of you would even be happy to win a comp under Gould / Griffin..... you posted back about 1 sentence about how you would be happy.... and then another 30 odd about everything that is wrong and why we wont.... you really get more enjoyment about being negative week after week....

I dont give a shit what you think of me ..... because the saddest thing is that in your tiny mind you think that you are an NRL coach... plus you know how to run the club and playing roster a crapload better than Gus..... who the F##K DO YOU THINK YOU ARE.
Dont feel sorry for me. Im not a mindless sheep. I couldnt care less about your opinion. You only have one line of thinking.

You asked about an impossible scenario. Its like winning the lottery. Ofcourse i would be happy to do so. But its not going to happen so why expand upon that?

Now look at you getting all angry. The only tiny mind here is of the simpletons thinking Gus has done a good job these past couple of years and who cant even see when they are being lied to.

I think Im someone who doesnt appreciate when the football team he loves is run by someone who flat out lies about shit. Who claims to have some sort of longterm plans yet every decision made the past 2 years has been bandaid fixes.

You claim some of us fans could never be happy. Meanwhile we could get the wooden spoon for the next 3 seasons and you would still insist everything was perfect and happily cop it in the ass from Gould.

Unlike you I am open to being both happy and disappointed at things the club does. You cant even accept the idea that someone wouldnt worship Gould and Hook.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Really MX... who is ignoring you? You are just not making any valid points.

You throw a list of players out there and then say we haven’t “Gained” anyone since Hook started. Which is nonsense because we have gained plenty.

You seem obsessed with how much money Tamou, Merrin and Maloney are on. You don’t agree with me, that it’s money well spent. Which is fine, but I think it’s money very well spent.

I’m listening to you... but I think you’re wrong..... Sorry about that..

mxlegend99

Referee
Really MX... who is ignoring you? You are just not making any valid points.

You throw a list of players out there and then say we haven’t “Gained” anyone since Hook started. Which is nonsense because we have gained plenty.

You seem obsessed with how much money Tamou, Merrin and Maloney are on. You don’t agree with me, that it’s money well spent. Which is fine, but I think it’s money very well spent.

I’m listening to you... but I think you’re wrong..... Sorry about that..
Dont apologise. Its good to know Gus isnt the only one who thinks paying overs is a good decision.

I hope you didnt think it was a poor decision when Jennings, Lewis and Coote were getting paid ridiculous money though. They've since become premiership winners. Just not with us.

I mean Gus banged on about the state of our cap back then. And how we had to shed these guys in order to fix it. Yet here we are with him doing the same thing... only now its imports and big money and not local players

3 players out to bring one in or keep one. Thats exactly what was happening before Gus was here. Yet now its apparently money well spent.

His first few years here fixing things up he did a great job. Smart signings for players with potential in Segeyaro, Whare etc. Rather than destroying our cap again. But since he decided to sack Cleary his decisions have been the same sort of shit our previous management were guilty of. Yet because its Gus its fine.

Edit
If we could pay players f**k all under the cap and inflate their contracts elsewhere. Go crazy. Roosters added Cronk and can keep Pearce. If you can do that shit ofcourse you do. Sharks can afford Moylan and Maloney. Just crazy.

Last edited:

Blues Riff

Bench
According to my source within the club (a very minor underling in administration, but you know what workplaces are like), Tamou's contract is around 400k but should be much more due to his professionalism and effect he has on the team. I won't type the stuff I've heard about MM, suffice to say, most are glad to see the back of him.

Kilkenny

Coach
Why is it we have so few members posting here on league unlimited?

As a club we have 10,000 or more members (season ticket holders) and many more fans who choose to turn up to games when they can week to week.

I have tried to promote this forum to friends and acquaintances over the years but no longer waste my time any more.

Seriously, why would any self respecting serious Panthers fan waste there time coming on here!!!

Gould is useless and Griffin is even worse.

Well in my circles, the majority of real Panthers fans I am involved with are not quite so pessimistic and are actually optimistic about the way we are heading.

Do they believe Gus Gould is perfect NO. Do they believe coach Anthony Griffin is the coach to deliver our next premiership well the answer to that question is probably definitely NOT.

However, from my perspective most real fans, not you whingers on here, are optimistic and realistic.

Most Panther fans understand reality, the salary cap and our limitations.

At the end of the day, in light of recent developments I will say I would have preferred it if Matt Moylan had stayed with us as opposed to the player swap deal which eventuated.

I have no idea whether the swap deal will work to our advantage or detriment only time will tell.

In closing, sadly, the negative impact of you whingers and smart arses who dominate this forum is the FACT (love that word) is it discourages other real fans from joining and contributing to this forum.

I can't wait for 2018, bring it on.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Ooo Kilkenny, you'll cop it now, mentioning the "real" fans.

Edit- Quick, get back in the circle !

I stand by every word.

The 'real' fans I refer too wouldn't waste there time coming on here to read the drivell promoted by the whingers and smart arses.

Seriously, this forum cannot possibly go any lower.

Some of the crap promoted on here by the doom and gloom brigade is beyond belief.

Blues Riff

Bench
I know what you mean mate, and I apologise. I am a major smart arse, although I like to keep it positive.
Also can't wait for 2018.

Kilkenny

Coach
Billy.. your a smartarse..... I am not the first to call you that here..... The point is most people on here are just sick of the same people death riding a coach that has done as good a job as you could hope for in his 1st 2 yrs.... tell me did he cost a comp in 2016? should we have been the G.F. instead of those 2 teams?..... and 2017..... what team wasnt playing for 2nd?..... A full strength Storm would beat the NSW TEAM.... he has 3 yrs to win a comp... FFS WHEN we make the semis next yr he will be our first coach in our history to make the finals 3 yrs in straight.

Hes not perfect... but give credit when its deserved. Our team were never going to win the last 2 comps.

Royce, I understand your emotion but take a step back.

Silly Billy has got you all wound up but that is what he sets out to do.

Silly Billy doesn't come on this forum to contribute anything positive about the Panthers or our Club it is all about self gratification for him. He obviously get's his rocks off thinking how cute and funny he think's his is.

Relax Royce. You are a supporter. Silly Billy as you rightly point out is what he is. He clearly need's the self gratification he get's on here to compensate for what he doesn't get in the real world.

OldPanther

Coach
The reality is we are somewhere in between. We are better than we were but Gus seems to have let the power go to his head. He's starting to think he's bigger than the club. Hiring Griffin without any real process is one. Look at the CEO mess. Glad it was over quick though this new guy is a bit of a twit. We seem to now have a team that can't keep halves to save itself.

Black Magik

Juniors
You could only imagine this forum if Gus didn't come along and we were emulating Newcastle chasing every player on the market, being used as a value raiser and collecting 3 spoons in a row...oh wait...we were! Difference being we still fawn over those capitalist players and the leaks to media that were their mothers.

Accept that there are 3 types of supporters on here. Gus acceptors, Gus haters and those who know they support a team and have no real say.

OldPanther

Coach
You could only imagine this forum if Gus didn't come along and we were emulating Newcastle chasing every player on the market, being used as a value raiser and collecting 3 spoons in a row...oh wait...we were! Difference being we still fawn over those capitalist players and the leaks to media that were their mothers.

Accept that there are 3 types of supporters on here. Gus acceptors, Gus haters and those who know they support a team and have no real say.

All of the "anti Gus" people have acknowledged the good work he has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts