What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does it all happen without lolo switching?

cleary89

Coach
A lot of interest was generated by lolo and the other 7 switching from Tonga to Nz.

It made Nz weaker and Tonga stronger. By having such a level comp with pacific island teams there is a oush for 6 nations or a regular pacific internationals. Fans are getting into it. More internationals means players will continue to play for them rather than striving for an Australian pay check.

But does it all happen without lolo switching sides?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I think it definately gave Tonga a confidence boost.

I still can't believe the Kiwis are out though. They led Tonga 16 - 2 and should have closed that pool game out easily and as it turns out they needed just one try to beat Fiji and couldn't do it. Can anyone seriously tell me they could imagine a world where the Kiwis, even at their lowest, would blow a 14 point lead against Tonga and then crash out of the WC by failing to score a single try against Fiji? FMD!

Kidwell's record:
2016: New Zealand 17 - England 16
2016: New Zealand 8 - Australia 14
2016: New Zealand 18 - Scotland 18
2016: New Zealand 8 - Australia 34
2017: New Zealand 12 - Australia 30
2017: New Zealand 38 - Samoa 8
2017: New Zealand 74 - Scotland 6
2017: New Zealand 22 - Tonga 28
2017: New Zealand 2 - Fiji 4
  • 3 wins, 1 draw, 5 losses
  • Responsible for New Zealand's first loss against a teir two nation
  • 1 - 3 v teir one nations
  • 2 - 2 (plus one draw) against teir two nations FFS
All of this whilst NZ has the most talented and deepest player pool in their history to select from. I know I have been throwing a tantrum about this on this form a bit - and good luck to Fiji and Tonga but this is terrible for the game in NZ. The Kiwis and Warriors need to pull their finger out and start winning!! It was only three short years ago that the Kiwis won three in a row against Australia and took the # 1 ranking off the Kangaroos - the talent is there, the admin and coaching of the sport needs to catch up and fast.

Clarkent

Juniors

I still can't believe the Kiwis are out though. They led Tonga 16 - 2 and should have closed that pool game out easily and as it turns out they needed just one try to beat Fiji and couldn't do it. Can anyone seriously tell me they could imagine a world where the Kiwis, even at their lowest, would blow a 14 point lead against Tonga and then crash out of the WC by failing to score a single try against Fiji? FMD!

Kidwell's record:
All of this whilst NZ has the most talented and deepest player pool in their history to select from. I know I have been throwing a tantrum about this on this form a bit - and good luck to Fiji and Tonga but this is terrible for the game in NZ. The Kiwis and Warriors need to pull their finger out and start winning!! It was only three short years ago that the Kiwis won three in a row against Australia and took the # 1 ranking off the Kangaroos - the talent is there, the admin and coaching of the sport needs to catch up and fast.
I think there's a lot of problems behind the scenes in the kiwis team... They picked the wrong coach and this "kiwis only" policy ain't gonna help... They need one of the Aussie coach's to help them like Wayne Bennett did in the past... They will never compete with the amateur coach's they have in the kiwi system... And taumalolo leaving with the others really hurt them... And the way things are going I won't even be surprised if the samoan boys leave too...

beave

Coach
Kidwell ‘forgot’ to put on his Dally M award winning 13 last year in the 2nd half of a test match. Proof alone the merkin is in over his head. If the NZRL continue with him beyond this tourney, then they should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Last edited:

Force

Juniors

Kidwell's record:
You can pretty much take two of Kidwells wins with a grain of salt given they were against two poorly performing Scottish and Samoan teams.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
poor bloke can't use mary's "their tries were off kicks" excuse either

wait, fusitua got one didn't he?

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
I don't know if it is a level comp. It has just brought NZ back to the pack. Aus clearly streaks ahead of England, who are ahead of Tonga.

playdaball

Bench
People outside of NZ don't realise just how bad RL is in NZ.

The Warriors are a disaster
The Kiwis are now a joke
NZRL is almost broke, relying on Govt. Hand outs - they'll struggle to get those $$ now as knocked out of WC
Playing numbers are down

Interesting times ahead.