What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Some people do not care about the same things. You may want a 100k car a 2 million dollar house. A lot have been conditioned to think this is a great life.
Others maybe happy with a 400k house on a farm and doing their own thing. If you where happy ro live off $800 a week why do you need $10,000.

I am not saying I am right or wrong. There is no answer. It is just what it is.

If Hayne owned his own house and a few investment properties he might be happy with 770k- 800k a year.
Long term it may even pay off financially. Unhappy and playing poor may mean his next contract is 500k.
Happy and firing he may end up back in NSW and an Australian Jersey. He coukd pick up 140k a year from that. Then endorsements and a fatter contract in finals years.
If it also meant missing watching his daughters 1st year of life, first words,first steps etc.......
I will grant you the missing the child but the rest is pretty crap. It's only one year FFS, he could suck it up for one year and still do everything you said plus have 500k in his pocket. I have children, financially secure and expanding (even with kids to feed), if I were offered $500k more for a year to move to Gold Coast, I'd probably have a divorce if I DIDN'T accept it. And it would have very little to do with my financial enjoyment now. Living cost in Australia is increasing ridiculously, that money would ensure my children aren't stuck behind the 8 ball well into their adulthood, and I'm not stuck working longer than I want to

Glenneel

Bench
Hayne ia not part of titans plans for 2019. And they are long odds to win it in 2018.

1.2 mill is wasted. I reckon if they could wipe themself of only costing 400k and saving 800k they would.

If we stumped up 500k plus the 400k he wpuld be getting 900k. Not a bad pay cheque. And long term beneficial to himself.
Eels i doubt would pay more then 500k due to fact there not desperate at his best postition.Fullback.
Believe $400k of Hayne's pay is a TPA paid by their major sponsor. Once he left he'd forgo that so Titans might throw in $200k to get rid of him. Depends whether his coach wants him or not, but they just employed two trainers who are close to him apparently to try to get the best out of him.

Yes Hayne is a lazy trainer but proved differently when trying for a NFL contract. If he came back would BA get him to change? I doubt it.

Glenneel

Bench
This is a rumours thread, we are talking about a former champion Eel returning.

Hardly comparable to some dribbler fapping over the overrated choking Panthers every chance he gets.
'overrated choking Panthers' quote may come back to bite you next year now they have Maloney in their side. He'll give them the experience they lack in the halves and they'll be much more potent, definite top 4 material imo.

forward pass

Coach
Given the club had a crack at Cronk - it is a bit surprising we are not having a crack at Mitchell Pearce.

Pearce and Moses would be an amazing halves pairing. Just saying.

Snoochies

First Grade
Believe $400k of Hayne's pay is a TPA paid by their major sponsor. Once he left he'd forgo that so Titans might throw in $200k to get rid of him. Depends whether his coach wants him or not, but they just employed two trainers who are close to him apparently to try to get the best out of him.

Yes Hayne is a lazy trainer but proved differently when trying for a NFL contract. If he came back would BA get him to change? I doubt it.
And that just means a lazy Hayne is playing in Wenty. BA won't allow a lazy Hayne on the field IMO.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
'overrated choking Panthers' quote may come back to bite you next year now they have Maloney in their side. He'll give them the experience they lack in the halves and they'll be much more potent, definite top 4 material imo.
While ever that gimp Griffin is in charge they will continue to offer SFA.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Taka can cover centre, edge forward and halves.

Hayne can cover fullback, wing, centre and halves.

I'm sure Taka could probably move to the wing if desperate, but I'm only going with actual positions the two have played previously.

I agree.

Despite his clear flaws, I am a big Taka fan - and I think Hayne can play every position Taka can, and do a better job.

That doesn't mean that Taka is a bad player - it just means that Hayne is very gifted.

On that note, if we do sign Hayne, it may well be Taka who makes way for him, unless Taka were to play edge forward (which, given his decreased agility and mobility, might not be such a bad idea, tbh).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
True but Moylan isnt great either. Sometimes halves defense stats look worse. Moses looked fine to me at Eels.
That’s my point. The Eels can carry Moses because we have all strong defenders elsewhere in the line. The Sharks could carry Maloney (and now Moylan) for the same reason. The Panthers will struggle.

hindy111

Post Whore
That’s my point. The Eels can carry Moses because we have all strong defenders elsewhere in the line. The Sharks could carry Maloney (and now Moylan) for the same reason. The Panthers will struggle.

Perhaps....
But what makes a team poor in defense? Attitude or coaching? Of course players who are small wouldnt help.
I reckon a lot is to do with coaching style and attitude.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
One on ine we have a few poor defenders in King,Bevan, Taka and Moses. But we cover them fine.
Yeah, hard workers in the middle makes it easier to cover weak defenders elsewhere in the line. The key to defence is getting numbers into the tackle. It all starts in the middle.