What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on 2017/2018

BrotherJim05

Bench
Based on the world cup performances I reckon we will see a starting team like this:

1. Lolohea
2. Nofa
3. Miline
4. Suli
5. Naiqama
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Liddle
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. Mcqueen
13. ET

14. Mautilino (prop)
15. Twal (prop)
16. Sue (prop/back row)
17. Eisenthuth (back row)

ET can slot in at hooker for 20 mins or so jut to give Liddle a break. Hopefully Liddle can eventually play 80 mins. I don't think we need any backs on the bench. If there is an injury to halves you can just move Lolohea to half and Naiqama to fullback. If there is injury to backs just move Lawrence or Mqueen to centre etc.

Fonua, Marsters, Benji and Aloai will all be pushing hard for spots so I don't see anyone getting complacent

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Based on the world cup performances I reckon we will see a starting team like this:

1. Lolohea
2. Nofa
3. Miline
4. Suli
5. Naiqama
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Liddle
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. Mcqueen
13. ET

14. Mautilino (prop)
15. Twal (prop)
16. Sue (prop/back row)

ET can slot in at hooker for 20 mins or so jut to give Liddle a break. Hopefully Liddle can eventually play 80 mins. I don't think we need any backs on the bench. If there is an injury to halves you can just move Lolohea to half and Naiqama to fullback. If there is injury to backs just move Lawrence or Mqueen to centre etc.

Fonua, Marsters, Benji and Aloai will all be pushing hard for spots so I don't see anyone getting complacent
Has McIlwrick retired? he doesn't seem to be mentioned at all these days. I think he will start if he is still with us.

Radical Rat

Juniors

1. Lolohea
2. Nofa
3. Miline
4. Suli
5. Naiqama
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Liddle
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. Mcqueen
13. ET

14. Mautilino (prop)
15. Twal (prop)
16. Sue (prop/back row)

I don't think we can run with that backrow. There just isn't enough go forward or mongrel there. I think Aloiai has to be on a edge.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don't think we can run with that backrow. There just isn't enough go forward or mongrel there. I think Aloiai has to be on a edge.
Yep Aloiai will b in the starting team & Marsters has got to b our bench utility at the very least.This kid is the real deal.

I think as the season progresses the prodigal son will displace the pathetic gump Brooks at 7.I don’t c a miracle happening here & Brooks suddenly becoming an intelligent playmaker.

Assuming we have everyone available I will also b surprised if Kev can cement a spot in the 3/4’s.He is purely & simply a depth player & should b mainly wearing the magpie jersey in ‘18.

Tiger05

First Grade

That backrow looks too weak to me as well. I think we should only play one of McQueen, Lawrence and ET as a starting player. I think ET is the first one chosen out of those three.

I don't care where Aloiai plays but he needs to get some consistency in a position because he is the forward most likely to bust the line in the team.

I wonder if Marsters could slot into a right edge forward role. I'm not sure if he is big enough at this point but that could work out pretty well.

magpie4ever

First Grade

1. Lolohea
2. Nofa
3. Miline
4. Suli
5. Naiqama
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Liddle
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. Mcqueen
13. ET

14. Mautilino (prop)
15. Twal (prop)
16. Sue (prop/back row)

Running with an all pepper back 5 - it will either be rocks or diamonds - no in between.

With the Fijians doing well in the World Cup does anyone give Naiqama a shot at fullback? Haven't seen any of him but he's captaining them and they're killing giants at the moment. Can anyone confirm if he's been doing well or has he just been riding the wave?[ With the Fijians doing well in the World Cup does anyone give Naiqama a shot at fullback? Haven't seen any of him but he's captaining them and they're killing giants at the moment. Can anyone confirm if he's been doing well or has he just been riding the wave?
It's been a great wave but the 2 Tigers, Naiqama and Milne have been doing very well. You can add Naiqama for his captaincy & Milne for his goal kicking as well.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Naiqama... fair dinkum....

He might be a good bloke but he is not a first choice starting NRL first grader....

Time to move on from him in favour of one of the new recruits...
Yep & we have enough depth in most positions now that there’s no reason (except for injuries) that substandard footballers like Naiqama should b anywhere near the NRL team.

Clifferd

Coach
Marsters has to be there abouts. Bench utility will do for the time being atm.

I’d have him come on for Aloiai around the 25 min mark once the sting is taken out of the game so he can run those outside in lines at tired forwards in the back row. Also as cover in the backs if their is an injury

Aloiai can then jump into the prop rotation.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Aloiai and Marsters would definitely be on other clubs radars. They are outstanding prospects and I would have no problem with including them at the expense of Naiqama & Mcqueen.

The forwards for next year look capable of holding their own and the backline will contain big bodies which is great, but how they gel out wide and work together will be the making of this side. Get this area of defense right and you will see some good times.

Looking forward to some good wins next year from a team where everyone puts in. Evern with a crap draw I think this team can go top 8.

Clifferd

Coach
Aloiai has been our hardest running forward the last couple years alongside sue when he wants to be. It would be absolute madness to not have him in the side

I’m hoping with the addition of Packer and Matulino also with the upcoming rise of Twal it gives Sue a kick up the ass so he can get to the football we know he can play.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I reckon players like Marsters and Aloai won't be in the round 1 team but over the course of the year they will push out players and cement a spot. High profile players are always given the benefit of the doubt for round 1-5, but if they don't perform they usually get pushed out. The ongoing issue we had at Tigers is that the players never got dropped because we had no depth. This isn't the case any more

McQueen is one of these players. At his best he is an origin player, you have to give a player like that the benefit of the doubt. He will be a shoe in for a round 1 spot, but if he doesn't perform he will get dropped pretty quickly

simmo05

Bench
BECAUSE . the NRL has banned Harry from being a third party sponsor , their reasoning is he was a club sponsor so he isnt at "arns length of the club" .
Real reason i believe is he would blow merkins like Politis out of the water with real money and upset the big boys in league town.

Norm Black, the founder of TripADeal, spent $400,000 a year above his club sponsorship to ensure Hayne became a Titan. Black said he and fellow company founder Richard Johnstone had no regrets about sponsoring Hayne.

I got this from smh, how are the Titans allowed then to have a sponsor also act as a tpa provider.

macnaz

Staff member
Norm Black, the founder of TripADeal, spent $400,000 a year above his club sponsorship to ensure Hayne became a Titan. Black said he and fellow company founder Richard Johnstone had no regrets about sponsoring Hayne.

I got this from smh, how are the Titans allowed then to have a sponsor also act as a tpa provider.
No idea , possibly A. The Titans are owned by the NRL B. We are Weststigers and get screwed on and off the field at every opportunity
C. Harry T is a multi billionaire and could TPA every player in the Australian test side if he went crazy and totally f**k the nrl big boys like Rorters and Donkeys.
D.All the above

Tiger Ted

Bench
No idea , possibly A. The Titans are owned by the NRL B. We are Weststigers and get screwed on and off the field at every opportunity
C. Harry T is a multi billionaire and could TPA every player in the Australian test side if he went crazy and totally f**k the nrl big boys like Rorters and Donkeys.
D.All the above
I like D.The comp is unequivocally lopsided & the NRL r a spineless amateurish cartel who kowtow to the likes of Politis & Bennett & are glaringly partial to certain clubs & don’t give a rats to clubs like ours !

Perth Tiger

Bench
Or perhaps e. Billionaires didn’t get rich by wasting money and he likes the publicity of saying he would support us if he could be he just can’t because of reasons. Excatly the same with Twiggy and the force over here