What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
That's the thing with Mannah / Alvaro (and probably Twal) which the stats won't show - while they have decent tackle counts, it's also the effort to continuely pushing up in defence / line speed and pushing across the field. It plugs the holes in the defence and limits where the offensive attack can go (also limits offloads).

This extra effort doesn't show in the stats only in the game review with the coach.

Noise

Coach
Would Pearce be the number one half at Manly? I would have thought not. They offering more money or has he just got his knickers in a knot?

He only needs to be in the top 2 halves at Manly. He'll be a starting half at Manly. If he stayed at the Roosters he would be coming off the bench as Cronk and Keary are the preferred halves.

I'm guessing DCE will play on his least preferred side...the left

He only needs to be in the top 2 halves at Manly. He'll be a starting half at Manly. If he stayed at the Roosters he would be coming off the bench as Cronk and Keary are the preferred halves.

I'm guessing DCE will play on his least preferred side...the left
I'd forgotten about Keary. I'm still a bit surprised that he'd be the preferred half but I suppose he gives something different.

T.S Quint

Coach
I agree.

Despite his clear flaws, I am a big Taka fan - and I think Hayne can play every position Taka can, and do a better job.

That doesn't mean that Taka is a bad player - it just means that Hayne is very gifted.

On that note, if we do sign Hayne, it may well be Taka who makes way for him, unless Taka were to play edge forward (which, given his decreased agility and mobility, might not be such a bad idea, tbh).

Thing is, Taka ain't going to start ahead of Ma'u or Tepai at edge forward, and Edwards is a better option off the bench.
He's a handy player to have, but he doesn't fit if he isn't at centre, or unless there are injuries.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thing is, Taka ain't going to start ahead of Ma'u or Tepai at edge forward, and Edwards is a better option off the bench.
He's a handy player to have, but he doesn't fit if he isn't at centre, or unless there are injuries.

True.

I wonder, though, whether we would be better served having Ma'u play fewer minutes (leaving a bench spot for Taka).