What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love or hate Pearce, I hate seeing clubs flick their long-termers.

Life's Good

Coach
I’ve said before that the concept of loyalty in league went out the window when Bennett cut Wally Lewis.
Professional sport is a business and like any business if you want to be successful you have to make decisions that not everyone agrees with in the pursuit of that success.
Our club(like a few others)struggles with this concept which is why we aren’t successful. Harsh but true.

hazzbeen

Bench
I’ve said before that the concept of loyalty in league went out the window when Bennett cut Wally Lewis.
Professional sport is a business and like any business if you want to be successful you have to make decisions that not everyone agrees with in the pursuit of that success.
Our club(like a few others)struggles with this concept which is why we aren’t successful. Harsh but true.
This exactly , but we turn our club into a Retirement Village ........

giboz71

First Grade
Everyone goes on about the Roosters and Politis and how they are ruthless in everything they do in the pursuit of winning. Yet they persisted with Pearce for close to 10 years, just didn’t make sense.

He’s a perennial loser with the exception of 2013 when he had Maloney, SBW and Jennings to help him. And he has baggage as well.

Can’t believe it’s taken this long to give him the flick to be honest.

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade

Agree with that, but when you replace Pearce with Cooper Cronk, its a no brainer really.

I have no problem with letting go club legends in the pursuit of being better. We just haven't grasped that concept, given we replaced Bmoz with Eto Nabuli, and replaced Duges with as yet, no one.

Old Timer

Coach
Clearly shows the difference between our club and those that seek continued improvement
Let’s nit forget we did actually offer Benji & Rein extensions which were turned down so we could still have had both last year
Back to Pearce I just love the way Easts management suggest he will always be a Rooster and has a special place in their hearts
If he goes to the right club he will either blossom or burn very quickly.

Life's Good

Coach
Clearly shows the difference between our club and those that seek continued improvement
Let’s nit forget we did actually offer Benji & Rein extensions which were turned down so we could still have had both last year
Back to Pearce I just love the way Easts management suggest he will always be a Rooster and has a special place in their hearts
If he goes to the right club he will either blossom or burn very quickly.
How true about Rein & Marshall. It took them to turn US down which meant we still couldn’t find it within ourselves to just cut them in the pursuit of change/success. When will we learn.

gregstar

Referee
i think the goosters blundered. i don't understand why they did it.

cronk has maybe 2 years left in him & his best years are behind him.

pearceoff has plenty.

pearceoff is a tremendous first grade halfback - he's just a limp wrist at origin level.

BennyV

Referee
Well done to the Roosters - they have seen an opportunity to improve their team and didnt let sentiment stand in the way of them doing it. Pearce has been given plenty of chances. They've also bought themselves 2 years with the ultimate professional to blood a young halfback to take them forward.

Still cant see them winning the comp next year, but at least they are actively making efforts to head that way.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I don't give a stuff about Mitchell Pearce or the Roosters. I'm more relieved he ain't coming anywhere near the Dragons! Sea Eagles can have him....a perfect match as everyone hates them both.
Still ironic that NSW won Origin in the only year he was dumped from the team.