What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
Do you honestly think the Titans have no idea what is going on? Of course they do. There is no way they want Hayne there for anything close to $1 million if he doesn't want to be there. And if they get out of it for only Nov/Dec payments (200k) they will be laughing (because they are paying him that regardless when he is not going to be there anyway due to world cup and leave entitlements) It means they still have around 800k to spend to improve their squad.

So why don’t all parties put it out there he’s signed. Neither club has said anything and I think the only quoted articles I’ve seen are titans players saying Hayne has declared he’ll be there in 2018.

Incorrect

Coach
Nothing is going to happen until after the World Cup. Give it 2 weeks or so
Exactly! It's the worst part about Fiji beating the Kiwi's - just drags things out longer...Wish it was Hayne's dream to have played for the USA - his World Cup would be over by now and he's be running around the Old Salesyards sonner than later!

hindy111

Post Whore
Exactly! It's the worst part about Fiji beating the Kiwi's - just drags things out longer...Wish it was Hayne's dream to have played for the USA - his World Cup would be over by now and he's be running around the Old Salesyards sonner than later!

Agree. Once they are out of world cup it will be official one way or other.

Stevie

Bench
So guys I spoke to a client yesterday who I have always known is a mad Parra fan and we were chatting yesterday and he told me his friend is a staffer there, (I wont say where but if true he would have very good knowledge of this).

Anyway, he was telling me that yes Hayne will likely be there (which we all speculated), but that he will be playing wing. Now I will tell you I can not for a second validate this but it is an interesting one.

It gives plenty of options if he did... Replace Semi with a very like for like x factor. Or perhaps allow Auva'a to play centre, Bev other wing and Gutho fullback?

Anyway, as I say, wont say I can confirm for sure but he is a really good bloke and I do believe him that his mate is a staffer.

Wanted to share with my buddies! :)

Gronk

Staff member
So guys I spoke to a client yesterday who I have always known is a mad Parra fan and we were chatting yesterday and he told me his friend is a staffer there, (I wont say where but if true he would have very good knowledge of this).

Anyway, he was telling me that yes Hayne will likely be there (which we all speculated), but that he will be playing wing. Now I will tell you I can not for a second validate this but it is an interesting one.

It gives plenty of options if he did... Replace Semi with a very like for like x factor. Or perhaps allow Auva'a to play centre, Bev other wing and Gutho fullback?

Anyway, as I say, wont say I can confirm for sure but he is a really good bloke and I do believe him that his mate is a staffer.

Wanted to share with my buddies! :)

Gee Hayne on the wing ? Never thought in a zillion years would he agree to play wing (other than for NSW).

Hey, maybe he's prepared to back himself and allow good form to force his way into a 1, 3, 4 or 6 jersey. Knock me down with a feather if true.

Gronk

Staff member
Wing or centre, there’s no difference in importance. And wingers get more chance to run the ball. It’s Hayne’s best position FFS!

That's not what I said. I would not be surprised that we'd want him on the wing. I'd be surprised if he would be happy to play wing at club level.

T.S Quint

Coach
For what it's worth, it seems Jarryd's dad thinks he will be an Eel next year.
My friend is mates with Manoa Thompson, and he had a chat with him on the weekend. Says that Hayne definitely wants to come to Sydney, and that the Eels are most likely.

I don't know how much Jarryd talks to his dad, but just letting you all know.