What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

Billythekid

First Grade
Edit: Tickets back online and for sale now in Auckland

CAT C ($40) is single seats only which are the entire areas behind the goal posts. I hope all the Bays behind the Northern goalpposts were put on sale.

CAT A ($85) is moving pretty well considering that not all the bays are on sale. Half of the Upper and Lower Eastern Stand are on sale, unsure if the Bays not on sale are already gone or being held back considering they are the central ones - the 'best seats'.

CAN B ($65) moving very strongly.

If you're not sure if they're not on sale or sold out you can safely assume they're not on sale based on the other matches. Still glad to hear tickets are moving reasonably well. Hoping for big crowds to finish the tournament. The Tonga match in particular should be awesome and deserves a big crowd.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors

CAT C ($40) is single seats only which are the entire areas behind the goal posts. I hope all the Bays behind the Southern goalposts were put on sale.

CAT A ($85) is moving pretty well considering that not all the bays are on sale. Half of the Upper and Lower Eastern Stand are on sale, unsure if the Bays not on sale are already gone or being held back considering they are the central ones - the 'best seats'.

Wouldn't surprise me if they held back alot of the CAT C to force people into CAT A...

lockyno1

Post Whore
still 20,000 to sell ! Dear oh dear !

At RLWC 2008 – as another poster showed – a week before the tournament had started they had sold 44,000 for the final !

What do you expect the prices are through the roof. Ridiculous to say the least

Burns

First Grade
Additional CAT C Bays opened in Auckland, in the top corners of the Western Grandstand. Also additional CAT B Bay opened in Eastern Upper.

Excellent move by NZ Operators to recognise the sales momentum in the CAT C seating.

Yep … and I notice they have now INCREASED prices for the final ! Frickin' unbelievable!

Prices haven't gone up that much. Like, this is the Final of the Rugby League World Cup. If we can't price our premier event at a profitable price, when can we?

The Final will be fine, relax.

morningstar

Juniors
I paid $80 in 2008 for final Cat B tickets. Paying $120 nine years later for the same tickets seems fair to me.

How much were cat b tickets to origin and the grand final this year?

Perth Red

Post Whore
$20 , $30 & $40.

You really think $10-20 difference for best seats is a big deciding factor in people attending or not? I doubt there were many people who thought " Id like to go see the RLWC, hang on best seats are $50, if they were $40 Id have gone but stuff that". Most people who wanted to go would have done what I did, looked at best seat prices then decided to pay cheap seats instead if they were keen to go but felt it a bot steeply priced. Fact is not enough people want to go, that is a much much harder thing to fix as comes down to popularity of RL in the general public, profile of the event as a must attend spectacle and RL fans buy in to support their code.

Perth Red

Post Whore
theres only really been money in the game since the mid 1990's
the English have been crap since the 1970's
why would anyone want to watch them , let alone any other international sides

Spoken like your avg Australian RL fan. I guess you never went along to watch the Raiders all those years they were crap and unlikely to win anything? Why support them now, the chances of winning a GF is next to zero. Im spending $3k going to the RLWC final in the hope England are there and that they might pull off a miracle and actually win one. I don't expect miracles to happen but if it does I want to be there after three decades watching them lose loll

Its called being a fan.

Perth Red

Post Whore

CAT C ($40) is single seats only which are the entire areas behind the goal posts. I hope all the Bays behind the Southern goalposts were put on sale.

Just paid $175 for Cat B tickets to see Cirque De Soleil on Saturday night. I suspect the semi will be more entertaining for me. Its all relative!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yep. Given where rugby-league is as a sport trying to gain international relevance and popularity. Absolutely. This 'promotional' pricing for now is appropriate. Give some to get alot later! The game is in its infancy stages compared to others on the international scene. Big crowds are better than vacant stadiums to showcase a game that deserves greater recognition and presence.

Dropping prices $10 for best seats isn't going to fill a stadium. Positive media for 9 months, entertaining games, atmosphere at the games and right game right venue will. Oh and make RL more popular to the masses and learn from the Lions tours where every GB nation ex pat dons a jersey and goes to the game even if they have zero interest in RU!

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Can our BrisVegas correspondents on here please report on promotion and marketing activity (if any) in the city for the semi and final? Thx !

Stallion

First Grade
Dropping prices $10 for best seats isn't going to fill a stadium. Positive media for 9 months, entertaining games, atmosphere at the games and right game right venue will. Oh and make RL more popular to the masses and learn from the Lions tours where every GB nation ex pat dons a jersey and goes to the game even if they have zero interest in RU!

From the start, this tournament should have been a value laden marketing exercise not a game to see how much allocation monopoly and juggling ticket prices work! Result : the crowds are down! And way below what they should be.

Stallion

First Grade
You really think $10-20 difference for best seats is a big deciding factor in people attending or not? I doubt there were many people who thought " Id like to go see the RLWC, hang on best seats are $50, if they were $40 Id have gone but stuff that". Most people who wanted to go would have done what I did, looked at best seat prices then decided to pay cheap seats instead if they were keen to go but felt it a bot steeply priced. Fact is not enough people want to go, that is a much much harder thing to fix as comes down to popularity of RL in the general public, profile of the event as a must attend spectacle and RL fans buy in to support their code.

Agree with your media comment. The key would have been to use the media to pump up a value laden world cup sports event. That would have got bums on seats. It's clear by the tv ratings that rugby league is popular. Transcending that popularity into turn up and show your support needs enticing for the international game. Packed houses at every venue would have been more achievable along with the media promoting what a great bargain experience that was about to be had! Unfortunately this didnt happen and we have massive interest on tv but poor attendances. Go figure!

Last edited:

Latest posts