What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

It is what the RL Correspondent at the BBC said live to BBC viewers before the game against PNG last Sunday. He wouldn't know of course, travelling around with the England team. I'm sure you can provide us with alternate proof.
In 2008 the number bandied around was 10k and not only was that clearly bulllshit by the numbers at the games but after the tournament it was reported as 4K. More rubbish being spouted this time by the looks. If you think some BBC twat's hyperbole is gospel you need help. As if "travelling around" with the England team means you know how many various supporter tours there are and how many is on them. What shit. There was 12k at the game and no way was it half supporter tours. For all the talk, there were actually plenty of neutrals and local people, especially in each end and they made up the bulk of the crowd. The pockets of tour groups wouldn't have added up to more than a quarter. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see that.

Scubby

Juniors
In 2008 the number bandied around was 10k and not only was that clearly bulllshit by the numbers at the games but after the tournament it was reported as 4K. More rubbish being spouted this time by the looks. If you think some BBC twat's hyperbole is gospel you need help. As if "travelling around" with the England team means you know how many various supporter tours there are and how many is on them. What shit. There was 12k at the game and no way was it half supporter tours. For all the talk, there were actually plenty of neutrals and local people, especially in each end and they made up the bulk of the crowd. The pockets of tour groups wouldn't have added up to more than a quarter. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see that.
Sounds like you were at the game. Did you enjoy it? Do people in tour groups where a funny hat or something? My party of 12 were at the RLWC as independent travellers in 2008. Unfortunately you couldn't identify us as we weren't being led around with someone holding a stick with a flag on it.

Sounds like you were at the game. Did you enjoy it? Do people in tour groups where a funny hat or something? My party of 12 were at the RLWC as independent travellers in 2008. Unfortunately you couldn't identify us as we weren't being led around with someone holding a stick with a flag on it.
If you're saying there were 6,000 people on tour groups on Sunday you're full of it. It would have been easy to find out because they were allocated certain parts of the ground and it clearly wasn't the ends of the ground where there were quite a lot of people. But if you can prove there were go for it. Good luck.

Scubby

Juniors
If you're saying there were 6,000 people on tour groups on Sunday you're full of it. It would have been easy to find out because they were allocated certain parts of the ground and it clearly wasn't the ends of the ground where there were quite a lot of people. But if you can prove there were go for it. Good luck.
I don't have to prove it. Sometimes you come across as being deliberately obtuse. The question was asked if many England fans would be in Auckland and the BBC RL Correspondent said on Sunday that 6k were over for the latter stages of the World Cup. I have a couple of friends who are just going out this week for the SF and Final. I may go over for the final itself if we get there. I don't need to prove anything. I am not bringing a case to court just having a light hearted discussion on a message board.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Suncorp is a bit of a guessing game... There are still plenty of tickets in the lower bowl, but then they've also sold significant chunks of the second and third level at the Milton Rd end of the ground...

That would be the cheaper seats...same pattern, different game...

I don't have to prove it. Sometimes you come across as being deliberately obtuse. The question was asked if many England fans would be in Auckland and the BBC RL Correspondent said on Sunday that 6k were over for the latter stages of the World Cup. I have a couple of friends who are just going out this week for the SF and Final. I may go over for the final itself if we get there. I don't need to prove anything. I am not bringing a case to court just having a light hearted discussion on a message board.
I guess you can make up whatever figures you like then. Is this the same BBC you have been whinging about on TRL because they get everything wrong? You obviously pick and choose when they're a credible source of info and when they're not.

Scubby

Juniors
I guess you can make up whatever figures you like then. Is this the same BBC you have been whinging about on TRL because they get everything wrong? You obviously pick and choose when they're a credible source of info and when they're not.
I don't really care how many it is honestly but it will be very healthy, I am just saying what was reported on the BBC as I was watching on Sunday. I am not currently over where England are and neither are you. Credible source, evidence, prove it... it's a bit of excitement about a huge game mate not ####ing CSI. TBH I was amazed to see so many England fans there on Sunday given the shit exchange rate.

Perth Red

Post Whore

The fact is fans on tours are usually here for 2-3 weeks so some come for pool,games, some for middle section, some for finals. Few can afford to be here all tournament. It’s hard to judge who are ex pats and whose on tour at games but in Perth there seemed to be stacks of fans either starting their tour or it being their last game before heading home. Got talking to one group of about 150from Hull who were over for Perth first and all games up to the final. Across the tournament I can well believe that there would be 4000-6000 travelling. It’s a big thing for English fans and they save for years for it. For many it’s the only reason they would come to Australia and is seen as a trip of a lifetime.

Burns

First Grade
On Auckland

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11946768

Tournament organisers report ticket sales are tracking well and although plenty of seats are still available at the 30,000-seat Mt Smart Stadium and it's hoped a near-capacity crowd will be on hand for the sudden-death clash.

Hopeful? Poking around (again) on Ticketek, (I know, I know) there is much of the stadium that has sold, given that Bays have previously been on sale. Perhaps they are worried about potential no-shows given you would have expected a few Kiwi Supporters would have purchased tickets way back.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The international Rugby League record at Mt Smart was set by New Zealand against Australia in 2006: 17,887.

The Rugby League record was set by the Warriors v Parramatta in the 2007 finals: 28,745 - we may give this a nudge on the weekend.

Billythekid

First Grade
The international Rugby League record at Mt Smart was set by New Zealand against Australia in 2006: 17,887.

The Rugby League record was set by the Warriors v Parramatta in the 2007 finals: 28,745 - we may give this a nudge on the weekend.

Is the capacity still that high? It seems there are quite a few NRL venues around where capacity has been reduced. If we get anywhere near 28K that would be a fantastic result IMO.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Is the capacity still that high? It seems there are quite a few NRL venues around where capacity has been reduced. If we get anywhere near 28K that would be a fantastic result IMO.
the blue & white seats erected at both ends ( above the gold ones at the end to the right of camera)
have upped the capacity to 30K I understand