What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2017/18

shiznit

Coach
Watching GSW vs OKC....

Watching Melo and PG in this first quarter you already see the massive difference....

Golden State will probably win and win well... but at least now it isn’t just 4 dudes on 1...

Last season it was just Russ getting overwhelmed by all the talent...

shiznit

Coach
End of the 3rd... OKC well on top...

They truly are something special defensively with Russ, PG, Roberson and Adams are on the floor...

shiznit

Coach
OKC ends up dominating GSW...

This was pretty much OKC putting it all together for the first time this season...

They need to back it up with a strong run of wins from here...

shiznit

Coach
Insanity. They've been awful all year really and they beat GSW.
They actually haven’t been all that bad.... they rank very highly defensively.... and are in the top half offensively and getting better with massive upside as they start to get used to each other....

All the loses they are having a close losses where they really should have closed most of those games out.

Even though they just had their streak broken... the Celtics are considered the form team of the league this season...

But alot of the key metrics have pretty much had OKC on par with Boston. It’s been the clutch moments which have let OKC down.

I saw a tweet from a GSW beat writer which highlighted that fact...

Boston are 20th in offense, 1st in defense and 3rd in net rating.

OKC are 16th in offense, 3rd in defense and 5th in net rating.

Iafeta

Referee
They have really struggled to shut down games in the fourth corner. That's the area I think they need to improve in to translate metrics into results imo.

shiznit

Coach
They have really struggled to shut down games in the fourth corner. That's the area I think they need to improve in to translate metrics into results imo.
For sure.... but when you have talent like PG, Russ & Melo you would think they should eventually get it sorted before the playoffs...

I think take away the score and the theatrics from Russ & KD...

What this game really showed me was that OKC legitimately have the defensive line up with Russ, PG, Roberson & Adams to stop the GSW and all their firepower.

And once again the Warriors just cannot handle Adams’ size, strength and athleticism at the 5.

Normally they can get away with running Draymond or KD at the 5 and go small to get rid of most big men... but Adams is so athletic for a big man he can switch to the perimeter if needed.

I mean... I’ve seen him easily guard Curry on the perimeter... which is phenomenal for a guy of his size considering how nasty Curry’s handle is...

It all basically means that if the Warriors want to go small Draymond has to go against Adams in the paint... which is why Draymond always goes missing... or does something stupid.

He just dominates on the boards to the point they have to bring in Zaza or McGee.

As I’ve said way back in this thread... Adams is the key for OKC to beat the GSW.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Even though the Wolves record is brilliant, given what I've watched them play like over the last decade, I'm a little dissapointed in Thibs - I thought he was a great defensive coach, but our D seems to have gone downhill since he started coaching us. Kat looks lost against the pick and roll and fails to cover passing lanes and drives to the rim. You'd think having a great d coach on board he'd get better...?

ACTPanthers

Bench
Shabazz Muhammad is playing like absolute trash this season (he's never been good, but he'd get hot in some games). He brings our bench production down so much with the inefficient shooting. Crawford has been terrible lately as well

shiznit

Coach
Watched OKC beat the Wolves...

They won... but my god I don’t know what Donovan is going to do about Russ.

Adams was absolutely dominant... 27pts 11-11 and 5-5 from the stripe. Including a wicked little play where he steals the ball... goes coast to coast and finishes around 2 defenders with a euro step... :joy::joy:

Paul George was brilliant with 36pts and 9 assists.

OKC was up by 21 and 11 at stages but each time they started to stop feeding Adams and Russ started playing hero ball and the Wolves ended up coming back into it... and he was atrocious... 6 for 21 and 0 of 8 from the 3pt line.

He has an issue with recognising that it’s not his night and he needs to feed the hot hands... instead he goes all iso... which we kinda knew was going to happen...

It’s frustrating... because when they move the ball they are really tough to defend against.

Rod

Bench
Russ should watch Harden and take notes. He regularly drops 30+ but never gets accused of selfishness. It's perfectly possible (especially in this day and age with the pace of the game) to get your stats if that's what is important to you and still facilitate others.

shiznit

Coach
OKC barely get by a really depleted Spurs team at the Peake...

Adams again was great... had like 17pts in the first half and dominated on the boards... then they just stopped feeding him the ball...

He ended up with a +/- of +13...

Melo and PG were pretty poor... and Russ was triple-doubling as he does...

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
KAT is my favourite player, well, since we traded Rubio anyway - But f**k me, his defence is terrible

T-Boon

Coach
Ben Simmons third triple double:
Just read that only Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson took less time to record their third triple double.
This kid is going to be good.