What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Fittler set for NSW Blues coach role after impressing with Lebanon in RLWC

OldPanther

Coach
Based on Freddy’s obsession with Moses I reckon Pearce will make way for Mitch next year

I’ll take a stab and predict the starting team will look like this. Honestly nfi about the bench

1. Tedesco
2. Trbojevic
3. Bird
4. Walker
5. Mansour
6. Maloney
7. Moses
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Graham
12. Frizzell
13. Trbojevic

Word is it'll be Cleary/Moses. Cleary is the favourite right now. Fittler likes his composure.

Based on Freddy’s obsession with Moses I reckon Pearce will make way for Mitch next year

I’ll take a stab and predict the starting team will look like this. Honestly nfi about the bench

1. Tedesco
2. Trbojevic
3. Bird
4. Walker
5. Mansour
6. Maloney
7. Moses
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Graham
12. Frizzell
13. Trbojevic

I wish that was the backrow but Cordner will be there unfortunately. I think there's better options then Walker as well - Jennings and Latrell Mitchell. Woods will probably be there too unfortunately, I'd rather have a frontrow rotation of Fifita, Klemmer, RCG and McLean. Rest of it is spot on, maybe Cleary for Moses or Maloney but that would be it.

Clifferd

Coach
I wish that was the backrow but Cordner will be there unfortunately. I think there's better options then Walker as well - Jennings and Latrell Mitchell. Woods will probably be there too unfortunately, I'd rather have a frontrow rotation of Fifita, Klemmer, RCG and McLean. Rest of it is spot on, maybe Cleary for Moses or Maloney but that would be it.

Damn I totally forgot about Cordner lol, when I think of top line backrowers he doesn’t exactly come to mind. Graham and the Friz shit all over him

Danish

Referee
He’ll be a tremendous coach.

Or those worried about Pearce, Freddy was one of the most filthy on him after the debacle that was game 2 this year. Him and Johns were absolutely disgusted at Pearce’s inability to target a clearly f**ked Thurston in attack. You could see it finally clicking to both of them that this joker simply doesn’t have what it takes.

Freddy is an excellent strategist and knows how to develop a game plan to defeat an opposition. I’m his first 18 months at the roosters, he completely flipped our attacking game. His big focus was coming up with 1-2 unique set plays each week based on who we were playing, and they invariably led to at least 1 try per game. His only problem at Easts was that our roster was filled with drunk ego wankers like Mason plus uncle nick never allowing him freedom to operate.

With a squad of his choosing and full control of game plan and tactics, he’ll have them singing.

Will make for a competitive series, that’s for sure

He’ll be a tremendous coach.

Or those worried about Pearce, Freddy was one of the most filthy on him after the debacle that was game 2 this year. Him and Johns were absolutely disgusted at Pearce’s inability to target a clearly f**ked Thurston in attack. You could see it finally clicking to both of them that this joker simply doesn’t have what it takes.

Freddy is an excellent strategist and knows how to develop a game plan to defeat an opposition. I’m his first 18 months at the roosters, he completely flipped our attacking game. His big focus was coming up with 1-2 unique set plays each week based on who we were playing, and they invariably led to at least 1 try per game. His only problem at Easts was that our roster was filled with drunk ego wankers like Mason plus uncle nick never allowing him freedom to operate.

With a squad of his choosing and full control of game plan and tactics, he’ll have them singing.

Will make for a competitive series, that’s for sure

Oh how the tune has changed :joy:

RazorRam0n

Juniors

1. Tedesco
2. Trbojevic
3. Bird
4. Walker
5. Mansour
6. Maloney
7. Moses
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Graham
12. Frizzell
13. Trbojevic

cleary crichton cotric vaughn brown JDB gutho jackson merrin RCG moylan fifita mitchell

talent through our ying yangs

freddy is right, golden age for the blues coming

Pedge1971

First Grade
PROS: Freddy is a Gus disciple and will have Gus as well on Joey on either side of him. Freddy also brings NRL coaching experience to the role.

CONS: Could he be too biased towards Roosters players? Does he have the balls to put a rocket up the Sharon Woods or Blake Ferguson type players- or cut them altogether if they begin to think they can just walk into the NSW team, piss up all week and then walk back into position when defending on their line in a decider?

If he is smart Ferguson, Dugan, Hayne, Pearce and anyone else with behavioural baggage will get nowhere near the team.

He has Cleary and plenty of outside backs with the right attitude to choose from.

He also needs to find a hooker with more game than Peats. The other fwds pick themselves.

He seems to have the personality and man mgt skills to make a fist of the job but against this Qld team character of the individual and their desire to buy into the team ethic is as if not more important than ability.

Pedge1971

First Grade

I would have Turbo at centre and blood young Cotric.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Wade Graham sure aint no walk up start in my book.

He is a very inconsistent performer.
Both he and Hayne cost NSW the series this year.

He's prone to massive brain snaps like the shocking missed tackle on Mcguire when he shot out of the line and also the inexplicable strip on Napa with Qld stuck deep in their own territory with 5 min to go.

I'm pretty sure he made a dumb strip in Game III when NSW were threatening to get back into the game too.

I'd dump him for those sins.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Brad Fittler would be a shit NRL coach cos he would get bored as f**k over the long season but he's suited to these short things like Origin/World Cup/City Country

He would be a good Origin coach

Knightmare

Coach

He's prone to massive brain snaps like the shocking missed tackle on Mcguire when he shot out of the line and also the inexplicable strip on Napa with Qld stuck deep in their own territory with 5 min to go.

I'm pretty sure he made a dumb strip in Game III when NSW were threatening to get back into the game too.

Wasn't it a strip on Gagai in Game 2?

And he did make exactly the same dumb strip in Game 3, just after NSW had scored, got a new energy about them and Qld looked jittery. Then he did exactly the same f**king thing that got Qld off the hook in Game 2, and let them off the hook again. Unbelievable...

Spot On

Coach

Yep. I wanted him picked before Game 1 this year. Thought it was a no brainer.

As it turned out ...... I was right.... sort of......he lacks brains when it counts.

As a lot of NSW players have proved over the years.