What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Ashes Test: Australia v England at Gabba Brisbane, Nov 23-27 2017

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
nice work from our openers today, a 10 wicket win just sounds mush better than say a 7 or 8 wicket win

Bancroft has cemented his spot for a bit, Oozie will probably get dropped again and Marsh will get another 12 months in the team for his 50

TheParraboy

Staff member
Khawaja needs to be retained, however he cant be keep getting out to straight bowling offies

Very easy win to us in the end. Next test is do or die for the poms.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
AG Crappeli's first test rankings:
Bancroft: 7/10. Good start by Warner's sidekick, he might be OLED worthy.

Warner: 7/10. Sledging needs work but his ability to keep JJ quiet was first class.

Khawaja: 3/10. Fielding has improved. Beware the Ides of Marsh.

Smith: 9.864/10. Never has a man with such a common name been so uncommonly good.

Hanscombe: 5/10. Token Victorian in the team.

Marsh: 6/10 dropped a sitter, nearly kneecapped starc, scored a 50 so one of his bests tests ever.

Paine: 10/10. Not wade so gets maximum points.

Starc: 7/10. Looked sharp against the tail.

Cummins: 8/10. A stud. Would vote yes for him.

Lyon: 8/10. A genius who took 27 wickets in the game, if you believed the nine team.

Hazelwood: 6 out of I can't remember.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Warner: 7/10. Sledging needs work but his ability to keep JJ quiet was first class.

Smith: 9.864/10. Never has a man with such a common name been so uncommonly good.

Marsh: 6/10 dropped a sitter, nearly kneecapped starc, scored a 50 so one of his bests tests ever.

Lyon: 8/10. A genius who took 27 wickets in the game, if you believed the nine team.

hahahhahaha funny shit mate

JJ

Immortal
Comprehensive win - Smith just on another planet, and Poms couldn't convert good starts

Poms really need to play well in Adelaide or this could get ugly

King hit

Coach
Paine was always going to be an improvement from Wade but I had some doubts over his selection but he proved me and pretty much everyone wrong with some very good keeping. His stumping and catch to dismiss Broad was high quality keeping. Also was great to see Bancroft do so well with the bat in the second innings, he is a very good batsmen who I hope we see more of in the baggy green.

Fangs

Coach
Anderson averages nearly 40 with the ball in Australia from 14 tests. Plod plod plod.

To be fair he had a very good series in 2010/11. Averaged 26 and took 24 wickets. His other 2 series in Australia were definately a big let down.

I think he and Broad will be a lot more dangerous under lights at Adelaide. Surely it will swing more with the pink ball.

What rambling. Such incoherency. You are wasted here. More, more.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Smith already has 6 ashes centuries. Which is equal with Boonie, boycott, woodfull, junior, tubs, harvey and trumper from the least games.

He gets another 1 and he goes equal with border, clarke, edritch, lawry, slats and leyland

The non bradman record is hobbs on 12 (bradman has a ludicrous 19). The next best Australian to bradman is steve waugh on 10.

blaza88z

Coach
Maxwell could score 500, it wouldn't make a difference, I don't think he has the discipline to play the longer format, you wouldn't want him coming in on a green top when you are 3/50

In that score he racked up against the NSW second XI I think he scored something like 32 boundaries

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The thing with maxwell I ask is could he have survived that boredomline attack england bowled at Smith where he put 6 on the leg side and bowled 10-15 overs in a row of shitty legside bouncers

Without losing it and hitting out

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Maxwell could score 500, it wouldn't make a difference, I don't think he has the discipline to play the longer format, you wouldn't want him coming in on a green top when you are 3/50

In that score he racked up against the NSW second XI I think he scored something like 32 boundaries

and that was at Nth Sydney oval which is smaller than my backyard

Latest posts