What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good is Tuimoala Lolohea?

Can Lolohea deliver the Tigers a premiership?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Iafeta

Referee
I hope he does. I think fullback is his spot. I've never thought much of his kicking game but ball running in broken field is excellent. The issue that stopped him at the Warriors was he became awful under a bomb so he will need to sort that out.

Life's Good

Coach
hahaha he called for the winger to head infield too before kicking to no one.
That’s what had me shaking my head in amusement. He can do some great stuff but then mixes it with that. I don’t think he can lead a side from the halves. More FB if he gets his defence up to scratch

Caped Crusader

Juniors
The Tigers are going no where near the 2018 premiership, but not because of Lolohia

Kids got great potential. Just needs to get the brain farts out of his game and play better percentage footy

Clifferd

Coach
The Tigers are going no where near the 2018 premiership, but not because of Lolohia

Kids got great potential. Just needs to get the brain farts out of his game and play better percentage footy

He looked like the only player for Tonga that could create something imo. I think he’s a natural fullback, and will be a great one at that. My only concern is how he goes under the highball

And lol we won’t go anywhere near the premiership, but I think top 8 is a pretty reasonable prediction for us next year

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Lolohea has two main issues that will stop him being a very good player at fullback.

1) Very suspect under the high ball.

2) Overplaying his hand. His footwork makes him scary for the opposition in broken play, his brain makes him scary for his own team in broken play. So often he goes for the big play instead of accepting that the play is busted and just handing it off for a tackle and setting up the next play.

If he can get reliable under the high ball and just provide a strong running/linking threat for the Tigers he'll be a very good purchase for him. If he keeps going for the magic play that isn't on it'll be very frustrating for Tigers fan next year.

Reactions: Vee

Vic Mackey

Referee
T

. If he keeps going for the magic play that isn't on it'll be very frustrating for Tigers fan next year.

i very much thought that he was going to be like an 18 year old benji i.e 1 great play followed by 3 horrible low percentage ones. however he was the total opposite. im guessing you didnt watch him that often for the tigers because he actually played like a traditional half and if anything was too conservative. there were no flick passes, chip and chases, 3 man cut out passes to no one etc.

he played very much to a stucture and would either run it or distribute it early. i actually thought he could have played a bit more off the cuff. maybe it was because he was too fat to try anything outlandish but he wasnt the razzle dazzle i expected.

considering the cluster f*ck he walked into at the tigers i dont think he could have done any better in his time here so far. im not convinced he is a long term fullback solution but he deserves first crack and tbh he doesnt have a huge amount of competition for it at the club. first thing he needs to do is lose about 7-8 kgs though.

Big wraps on this kid, guiding Tonga to the World Cup semi-finals.

Does he have what it takes to guide the Wests Tigers to a premiership in 2018?

Not unless Jason Taumalolo and Andrew Fifita are joining the Wests Tigers for the 2018 season.

Daza06

Juniors
Lolohea has some highlights from the RLWC for sure but way too many errors and poor decision making.

Will be better suited to fullback than the halves and under the watchful eye of Cleary improvements will be made. Has the running game but not yet the passing. With Reynolds and Brooks in the halves, he also shouldn't be doing much kicking which is a plus.

Latest posts