What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Bayley Sironen has re-signed with the Wests Tigers.

The 20-year-old backrower is the son of Balmain legend Paul and will remain with the club on a one-year-deal.

Sironen made his first grade debut last year, playing two games in the top grade.

Bayley Sironen has re-signed with the Wests Tigers.

The 20-year-old backrower is the son of Balmain legend Paul and will remain with the club on a one-year-deal.

Sironen made his first grade debut last year, playing two games in the top grade.

Showed more in his first game than Curtis did in his last two years here.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Good to see a few players back today. Liddle, Marsters, Felisse, Sironen, Gamble joined the 20s.

Glad to see Connelly Lemelu still at the club. Very talented fullback from Keebra who had an injury interrupted 2017. Still able to play 20s next year. If he stays fit he could put pressure on Lolohea. Goal kicker too

Clifferd

Coach
Ehhh

Holmes strikes me as a very good winger but an average fullback. I’d rather gamble on lolohea at a much lower price

Plus I’m pretty happy with our choice of wingers

BrotherJim05

Bench
Id definitely take Holmes. IC isn't going to hand him the fullback gig, he will say "Lolohea and Naiqama will also be fighting it out for that spot. If your up for the challenge, we want you on the bus".

Tiger Ted

Bench
For me it would depend on how much the Sharks are willing to chip in. It may happen too if they take a serious run at Pearce and need to make space as they have too many fullbacks at the moment.

Apparently the Roosters have some cap space from when Beetson left for Parra, so he will probably end up there.
Apparently the roosters are the other team besides the knights who r struggling to spend the mandatory minimum cap amount !!!!!

macnaz

Staff member
Marshall-King Signs With Bulldogs

Sun 5th November, 10:15AM

Jeremy Marshall-King in action for the Wests Tigers against the Wyong Roos during the round 14 the Instrust Super premiership match at Campbelltown Stadium - 11 June 2017

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have lured utility Jeremy Marshall-King to Belmore for season 2018, with the former Tiger opting to further his development at the new club.

Having enjoyed a breakout season in the Intrust Super Premiership NSW in 2016, Marshall-King continued at 2017 when the club failed to make the finals in any competition. The 21-year-old did, however, earn an NRL call-up in the final round of the regular season, experiencing a win over the Warriors at Leichhardt Oval.

With brother Benji Marshall returning to the Tigers in 2018, many expected to see the pair play alongside one another; instead, Marshall-King is looking forward to coming up against him.

"Hopefully we can verse each other, I'd love to play against him," Marshall-King told the Sydney Morning Herald. "There would be a lot of dirtiness, a lot of rubbing his face and that, but that's just how it is with brothers.

"I just want to keep going with my NRL career and play as many games as I can.

"It will be the first time I get a chance to do a full pre-season with an NRL squad and I can't wait to rip in."

The Tigers first face the Bulldogs in Round 12 of the Telstra Premiership, while the 2018 Intrust Super Premiership is set to commence on

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hayne looks like he is off to Parra. I wonder if they will need to shed any players? Would be awesome if we could snag Gutherson or French

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hayne looks like he is off to Parra. I wonder if they will need to shed any players? Would be awesome if we could snag Gutherson or French

Surely you would think so?

Since they got done being over the cap they’ve lost a winger and a hooker yet have signed Moses (on supposedly $850kpa), Nathan Brown and now Hayne. Yeah real deterrent to not cheat