What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Golly, golly, golly. Gomers bit the dust.
He Liked nuts......... He was a macadamia nut farmer in Hawaii in later years.
Also rumours he liked Rock... Rock Hudson that is,but that turned out to be just more gossip rag sensationalism

Frenzy.

Immortal
He Liked nuts......... He was a macadamia nut farmer in Hawaii in later years.
Also rumours he liked Rock... Rock Hudson that is,but that turned out to be just more gossip rag sensationalism

He was still a horses hoof. Married Stan Cadwallader.

Did he die from piles?

Does Gomer's death mean record collectors will be looting op shops in anticipation that all those Jim Nabors albums are going to suddenly skyrocket in value ? I wish they were all recycled into plastic Elvis wigs.

Another non rock death, though she rocked, Christine Keeler, who had flings with British MP John Profumo and a Russian diplomat back in pre swinging London in 1963.

Another one, he weren't half bad either.
Johnny Hallyday, French rock star, dies aged 74
The singer known as the ‘French Elvis’ passed away according to his wife Laeticia after a battle with lung cancer

Johnny Hallyday has died according to his wife. The French singer had been battling lung cancer.

France’s biggest rockstar, Johnny Hallyday, the leather-trousered “French Elvis” who sold over 110m albums over a career spanning more than half a century, has died aged 74.

“Johnny Hallyday has left us. I write these words without believing them. But yet, it’s true. My man is no longer with us,” his wife Laeticia Hallyday said on Wednesday.

“He left us tonight as he lived his whole life, with courage and dignity.”

Hallyday had been battling lung cancer.

The singer, whose hits were little-known outside the French-speaking world, went from a quiff-haired young heart-throb who introduced US-style rock and roll to France in the 1960s to the ageing bad-boy “Patriarch of French pop”, a national monument, akin to music royalty, plastered over the cover of celebrity magazines.

taipan

Referee
Does Gomer's death mean record collectors will be looting op shops in anticipation that all those Jim Nabors albums are going to suddenly skyrocket in value ? I wish they were all recycled into plastic Elvis wigs.

Another non rock death, though she rocked, Christine Keeler, who had flings with British MP John Profumo and a Russian diplomat back in pre swinging London in 1963.

Has the other good sort Mandy Rice Davies in that group , carked it? Gee they were the groovie times then.One thing about Pommy politicians,they like a bit of hey hey it's Saturday whenever the opportunity arose.Sometimes with the same sex or young guns,or a bit of how's your secretary today.
Still hoping on today, substituting Brexit with Sexit..

Quigs

Immortal
Frog music went downhill the day the little songbird and red hot sort Edith Piaf fell off the perch.

ils n'ont jamais récupéré

Edith-Piaf_2700431b.jpg

Frog music went downhill the day the little songbird and red hot sort Edith Piaf fell off the perch.

ils n'ont jamais récupéré

Edith-Piaf_2700431b.jpg
Quigs you obviously are not aware of the alternative rock music scene in France in the late 70s and 80s, particularly in Rouen and Le Harve, one band well worth investigating are The Dogs, who put out a swag of albums on the Phillips and Epic labels, I recommend their albums "Different", "Too Much Class for the Neighbourhood" and Legendary Lovers", high speed rock n roll sung in English wiz de heavy French accent. Apart from originals they also do some great 60s covers like Fortune Teller and The Train kept a Rollin. Their mainstay Dominique Laboubée died of lung cancer in 2002, so he can be a late entry to this thread.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogs_(French_band)

How come the poor thang used the name August Ames when she had the perfect real name.

The name Mercedes Grabowski just rolls off your tongue.
so she was a good Polish girl ? I grew up with an Ewa Grabowski, who was the spunk of the Polish girl guides.

Card Shark

Immortal
How come the poor thang used the name August Ames when she had the perfect real name.

The name Mercedes Grabowski just rolls off your tongue.

Reminds me of the episode of “Married With Children” where poor old Bud was ridiculed about his fictional girlfriend April May June.

Turned out she was real...& hot too, if memory serves my correctly.

Mercedes should’ve just changed her Christian name....to Pussy, or something like that??