What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: New Zealand v West indies, Wellington Dec 1-5 2017

OVP

Coach
Maybe they would play better if they actually did light up during the game.

Sorry for doing a bit of a Chappelli on you, but when they were great back in the 80s and early 90s, I distinctly remember Ch 9 at the time continually having the cameras on the Windies players balcony watching them celebrate before the match was even finished. They were so far in front of Australia in a ODI, even the next two batsmen in were joining in them dancing on the balcony drinking rum straight out of a Coruba bottle and i swear to god they were smoking something too. I know what i saw lol, but that's what made them even greater imo, they did it with such ease and flair it was scary.

From the world's most feared and dominant team to what they are now, is the saddest thing to witness in world sport history imo :(

I remember reading about the 1996/97 WI tour to Australia.

They were being paid in dollars for their meal allowances, etc.

But KFC was their sponsor, who gave them heaps of vouchers. So they kept the cash and basically ate KFC for lunch and dinner for two months.

And people wonder why they were lethargic in the field, etc.

Reactions: OVP

OVP

Coach
I remember reading about the 1996/97 WI tour to Australia.

They were being paid in dollars for their meal allowances, etc.

But KFC was their sponsor, who gave them heaps of vouchers. So they kept the cash and basically ate KFC for lunch and dinner for two months.

And people wonder why they were lethargic in the field, etc.

haha classic. Can you remember if Ambrose and Walsh were still playing then ? Pretty much when those two retired was it. There has been nobody else since them. D grade in Sydney has probably produced better bowlers than the Windies since then.

All the kids want to play basketball these days. The cricket world can't compete with the US dollar.

JJ

Immortal
When do the Windies get their next 5 test series in an Australian summer, that will be something to see - well, the Australian ladies will be lining up anyway

ANTiLAG

First Grade
When do the Windies get their next 5 test series in an Australian summer, that will be something to see - well, the Australian ladies will be lining up anyway

JJ stop trolling, hopefully those girls are saving themselves for additions to the Geoff Marsh family tree of Strayan cricket excellence.

Last edited:
haha classic. Can you remember if Ambrose and Walsh were still playing then ? Pretty much when those two retired was it. There has been nobody else since them. D grade in Sydney has probably produced better bowlers than the Windies since then.

All the kids want to play basketball these days. The cricket world can't compete with the US dollar.

Yeah. Ambrose. Lara. Walsh. I'll try to find the article. Basically those guys got wined n dined the others, a gut of dirty bird.

TheParraboy

Staff member

kiwis ladies not interested or they waiting till we tour there? ;)

1989-1990. They've won 3 and they were all in that period where Australia were really in the shit.

It was a reciprocal one test series.

One in Perth drawn. One in NZ lost by Australia.

I'd hardly say Australia were shit by this point. But NZ did posses a decent side as did everyone.

Meth

Staff member
I don’t think NZ are a better Test team than Australia and I don’t think we will be higher in the rankings for long. I just think it’s funny- especially when Australians call us minnows while being lower than us in the rankings

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It was a reciprocal one test series.

One in Perth drawn. One in NZ lost by Australia.

I'd hardly say Australia were shit by this point. But NZ did posses a decent side as did everyone.
If i can remember Australia was on a 14 or 15 unbeaten test run when the Kiwi's did knock us off in that one off test. We'd just won 4 till in England and flogged the Paki's and the Lankans at home. Hardly a shit side at all

Iafeta

Referee
Wagner... what a legend. He's got a heart like Phar Lap. Until he got them hopping around I was starting to think this me Bangladesh 2.0 scoring 600 declared at the Basin.

Undoubtedly my favourite cricketer at the moment.

TheParraboy

Staff member
first ball after lunch, Nichols out caught behind trying too hook. But it’s a no ball lol rom their captain Holder no less

8th no ball so far for the innings

WI are pitiful

Bazal

Post Whore
I've never understood why quicks cut the line. It's a pet hate of mine

I had a bloke out off a no ball in 2003/04. He went on to make 80 and win them the game and I changed my run up the very next day, have not bowled a single front foot no ball since (although more than my fair share of full toss no balls lol).

Why not land with your toes just behind the line? There is literally no advantage to cutting it by the time you get through the action.

/rant.

I don’t think NZ are a better Test team than Australia and I don’t think we will be higher in the rankings for long. I just think it’s funny- especially when Australians call us minnows while being lower than us in the rankings

Laugh and troll away. U know Aussies would lol. Just no bouncers though.

Reactions: JJ
I've never understood why quicks cut the line. It's a pet hate of mine

I had a bloke out off a no ball in 2003/04. He went on to make 80 and win them the game and I changed my run up the very next day, have not bowled a single front foot no ball since (although more than my fair share of full toss no balls lol).

Why not land with your toes just behind the line? There is literally no advantage to cutting it by the time you get through the action.

/rant.

Mate...i just did u10s game and copped a mouthful from a sideline opposition dad about suggesting their bowler mark his run up inside crease to stop overstepping. Fmd.