What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aietken bench strike player

KiamaSaint

Coach
He is tough and has a big heart but that is where it ends for Aitken in the forwards, Besides, we are talking about making him an edge forward, the one area we are probably overstocked. We will have to turn one of our edge forwards into a middle forward. Centre or nothing for mine.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I was pretty impressed with Aitken when he came back from injury and scored two tries. I like the idea of a bullocking centre and an elusive centre
like say Cooper and Gasnier or Beattie and Coyne. Aitken and Mann/Lomax may be the way to go as I think Lafai is a spent force apart from his defence and passing.

Belta

Juniors
2010 questions the defence out wide with Aitken, Nene and co.. "...how many tries were scored from rushing up in defence.."

Answer: Way, way, way too many.

IMO our defence out wide (or should I say lack of defence) along with our speed contributed massively to our demise in 2017.

Hunt and Graham won't help at all if these areas are not addressed

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Go & fu#k yourself..idiot boy.
By the way , your not at all funny
,so pull head in u Donkey..
20dch8.jpg

kit66

Bench
In Aitken's first year in firsts I thought great, here's a Shaun Timmin's clone, tough, reliable, possible future leadership group qualities and maybe even future backrower. Then he started showing his weaknesses in defence. Sure he can tackle but only if he's in the right place, which seems to be beyond him at times, leaving those around him floundering. He can train the house down all he wants but he has to fix his defence if he's to hold a spot next year. A bit injury prone too.
Oh, and Strike player off the bench ? No, not his role, not his style - speed and skill deficiencies and all. Leave that to someone else. I'm hoping Leilua has a massive year.

BBTB

Juniors
3 2 1
We have meltdown..you wish.
The troll is having a meltdown lol
Meltdown,seems to me your the one that's having a meltdown.
It's all to entertaining for me..
Just watching u Muppets falling over one another.
Try to come up with something smart to say. It's like watching the movie..DUMB &DUMBER..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BankstownDragon

Juniors
How long does Aitken stay "young" for?
He is coming into his 3rd season in top grade and is "still developing"!!!
First grade is not a development area, they should already be developed to their fullest potential especially after 2 full seasons.
If Aitken needs further "developing" as a centre then its reserve grade to hone his skills not top grade.
Now, im not saying he isnt a good player but he lacks skills required to be a first grade centre at this prezent time....passing, positional play are just to name a few.

Agreed.
Very annoying how much development "space" and time he seems have. This is by both Dragons coaching and alot of our supporters.
I have nothing against him and I truly hope he reaches his potential, but personally I've seen enough

Reddragon

Bench
Yes they did.
But unfortunately Mitch wasn't allowed to play his own game.
Thanks Mary..Another one bites the dust..

You're right but in the wrong way: it shows McGregor persists too long with players of limited ability.