What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE END OF SEASON REVIEW 2017??

After a disastrous capitulation in 2017 which culminated in red faced embarrassment for all involved with the St. George Illawarra NRL team, there is still no official statement, assessment or explanation forthcoming from the club.
As hard as it is to rationalize and make excuses for, the club should be obliged to make a statement at least.
While the focus has conveniently been diverted to Hunt and Graham's arrival, I for one am interested in what the club has to say to the long suffering fan base about the 2017 season.
Instead all we hear is crickets...
Any thoughts or insight?

getsmarty

Immortal
After a disastrous capitulation in 2017 which culminated in red faced embarrassment for all involved with the St. George Illawarra NRL team, there is still no official statement, assessment or explanation forthcoming from the club.
As hard as it is to rationalize and make excuses for, the club should be obliged to make a statement at least.
While the focus has conveniently been diverted to Hunt and Graham's arrival, I for one am interested in what the club has to say to the long suffering fan base about the 2017 season.
Any thoughts or insight?

They ducked for cover.....happy to nearly make the 8 = Very Good Season

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Any thoughts or insight?

Bang on, DP.
Treating us fans with total contempt.
Fair to say they are a dictatorship who answer to no one.

Drag Queen

Bench
Any thoughts or insight?
It's not rocket science. Rotate the bench, preferably forwards.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Any thoughts or insight?

I have asked our corporate partner rep the same thing. He rang last week to talk about renewing our deal.

I politely asked about the end of season review....He is yet to get back to me.

I'll keep you posted.

Crush

Coach
What do you want the club to say to the fans? "Sorry guys, we screwed up but next year we should do better. Maybe. We hope"

Drag Queen

Bench
I have asked our corporate partner rep the same thing. He rang last week to talk about renewing our deal.

I politely asked about the end of season review....He is yet to get back to me.

I'll keep you posted.
What do you want the club to say to the fans? "Sorry guys, we screwed up but next year we should do better. Maybe. We hope"
It would help Crush.

Exsilium

First Grade
Nothing elaborate - just the truth.

I think the less said the better.

You, the fans, know that anything said iby the club is just going to raise more questions and have you forming your own opinions anyway.

When you fall short like you did, after the start you had, what honestly could be said? You know the truth. If the club says anything it just makes them accountable and thats not what the Dragons club/board do.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Nothing elaborate - just the truth.

Got a SMS from Doust himself .............
JackNicholson.jpg

Life's Good

Coach
End of season review. Ha. We had one of those at the end of 2016 which spawned the ‘committee’. This committee saw us finish 9th which was ahead of where we finished in 2016, therefore an improvement. What more do you want*.

*Please read with extreme sarcasm.

Coffs dragon

Bench
End of season review. Ha. We had one of those at the end of 2016 which spawned the ‘committee’. This committee saw us finish 9th which was ahead of where we finished in 2016, therefore an improvement. What more do you want*.

*Please read with extreme sarcasm.
We need an independent panel to review the committee to then form a new sub-committee to then pass on the recommendations for the coach and team to remain the same but keep at least 10 ex players noses in the trough. WIN will film it and broadcast it on their network as a reality show The Club!

Life's Good

Coach
We need an independent panel to review the committee to then form a new sub-committee to then pass on the recommendations for the coach and team to remain the same but keep at least 10 ex players noses in the trough. WIN will film it and broadcast it on their network as a reality show The Club!

In hindsight that is an accurate description of what unfolded last year apart from the TV show - less reality, more Greek tragedy.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Well one year, the club says here's a review with well intentioned appointed commitee members eg Mark Coyne so the fans can be informed what went wrong and the process in place to fix it.

The next year nothing?

WHAT THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO THINK. Just sweep 2017 under the carpet! Perhaps dragons management tell us why no review this year?