What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

Shorty

Staff member
Yes because I'm going to grace your convoluted paragraphs of ranting when you've started with 'F**k off idiot'.
Charming..

You're what I call a stan, a DCE stan.
Other notable stans are: Beliebers and Directioners.

slamminsam246

Juniors
Yes because I'm going to grace your convoluted paragraphs of ranting when you've started with 'F**k off idiot'.
Charming..

You're what I call a stan, a DCE stan.
Other notable stans are: Beliebers and Directioners.
I apologise, i tend to get wreckless when passionate. Yeah sure im a bit of a Stan(?) for DCE, but that doesnt change the fact he was robbed of an origin cap and probably will for the rest of his career because of ONE AVERAGE performance, behind a dominated pack, whilst injured (without a full prep). Qld selection is no longer earned, its now apparently a popularity contest and as a passionate Qld supporter it sickens me. Hodges n Glasby had much much worse debuts n they both got another chance. But they don't play for a hated sydney club....

King hit

Coach
I apologise, i tend to get wreckless when passionate. Yeah sure im a bit of a Stan(?) for DCE, but that doesnt change the fact he was robbed of an origin cap and probably will for the rest of his career because of ONE AVERAGE performance, behind a dominated pack, whilst injured (without a full prep). Qld selection is no longer earned, its now apparently a popularity contest and as a passionate Qld supporter it sickens me. Hodges n Glasby had much much worse debuts n they both got another chance. But they don't play for a hated sydney club....

DCE played quite well of the bench in his first 2 Origin games but he was found out when he had to steer the team in the abscence of Cronk. I would say not doing the job which everyone pumped him up to do and claimed how he would be a QLD superstar for the future is why he has been banished.

slamminsam246

Juniors
DCE played quite well of the bench in his first 2 Origin games but he was found out when he had to steer the team in the abscence of Cronk. I would say not doing the job which everyone pumped him up to do and claimed how he would be a QLD superstar for the future is why he has been banished.
That was 4 years ago. With Cronk and Thurston out of contention, Qld need to pick the best most in-form halves if they want to continue the dynasty. Methinks thatll be DCE and Morgan with Munster off the bench.

big hit!

Bench

DCE started his only game with little prep due to his own injury issues. hunt took the bulk of reps as #7 in the lead-up to that match. Hagan should have gone with him he and the team were familiar with him in the position all week. DCE should've known his poor prep wasn't ideal for the match too.

it's just a lesson that players need to be aware of. yes it's an opportunity, but you risk f**king up your career over it. if he didn't play, he would still be selected in the squad going forward.

isaiah

Bench
Slater
Boyd
Inglis
Chambers
Holmes
Munster
Morgan
Maguire
Gillett
Cooper
Napa
Smith
Scott
Reserves from gagai, ben hunt, wallace, Hess, papalii, Oates, and f. Kaufusi

Tommy Smith

Referee
You'd drop Gagai - the man of the series last year and best winger I've seen in Origin - for old many broken down Darius?

Knightmare

Coach
G.I in the centres?

I know Billy has done his part for the Maroons over the years (well and truly) but he'll be 35 this Origin campaign and not getting any younger. Inglis is younger, plus has the weight/ power advantage and a longer run-up (which he'd get carting the ball up from kicks) makes him a much more effective player. Even at wing I'd rate him better than centre.

Surely they'll pick Gagai again being the reigning Wally Lewis medallist and all, but I don't see the fuss about him. His reputation has been built on linking up at the end of play and scoring close to the line, rather than creating scoring opportunities individually. If NSW didn't play such dumb football in Game 2 and 3 last year, his defensive frailties would get shown up quickly. Inglis at fullback and Slater on the wing would be a more dangerous combo based on ability to score/ create scoring opportunities from 20+ metres out.

beave

Coach
C’mon Knighty, it’s like reading Hitler giving the allies tactical tips for WW2.....

:p

Knightmare

Coach
I prefer to take a public and a private position on such matters.

The private position is that I'm a purist who wants to see a good contest- and apart from the 1st half of Game 1 last year, the rest of the series lacked in that department.

But if I saw Kevvie tomorrow I'd tell him that (as the Broncos biggest fan) he HAS to play Milford and Hunt in the halves for all 3 games this series...and not to give DCE a look-in because he's not a true Qlder and "doesn't get it"...

Latest posts