What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

Don't know what's going on with the centres music programming but between some Christmas carols today Madonna's Justify My Love played, made me smirk a bit but it was really bizarre.

They were playing Joy Division in Coles the other week.

Reminded me I needed razors. Ha ha.

But Love Will Tear Us Apart in Coles is odd. Fine by me.

horrie hastings

First Grade
They were playing Joy Division in Coles the other week.

Reminded me I needed razors. Ha ha.

But Love Will Tear Us Apart in Coles is odd. Fine by me.

Lol, love the razors comment about Joy Division :D I bought a cd in London last trip which was called Total from Joy Division to New Order, I bought it mainly for the New Order songs.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I played ABBA the Album and Time by ELO at work today, the original releases not the newer deluxe versions with extra tracks.
ABBA the Album is not one of their best but still has plenty of good stuff on it, The Name Of The Game the best track, Eagle is quite majestic in sound, Take A Chance On Me is irritatingly catchy and Hole In Your Soul is a real rocky number.
Time was a very futuristic album back in 1981 but some of the references in it now are so out dated but it is a great sounding catchy album, somehow though the re release with extra tracks don't gel well with the original album, don't get me wrong the extra tracks are good songs but they just don't fit with concept of the original album, that is why I only played the original release today.

Last edited:
Do yourself a favour time:

I'm listening to ELO's "Here Is The News" after catching the video on rage the other night (love how they put small rage shows on during the week now!). I have a lot of ELO best of albums but this single is never on it.

I knew I posted something about it.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Another one turned up loud today, heard it twice, first the release from the box set with the orchestral beginning that wasn't on the original single release and also a longer remix that I got off napster years ago, my favourite ABBA song.

Just watched the 1986 episode of Countdown.

Had a real nostalgia trip. I was 10 in 1986. Saw a lot of these episodes. And had the 10 cake out of the Women's Weekly Birthday Cake Book. What a year!

It's true, music industry in Australia isn't like it was back then. And there really isn't anything around like Countdown was. Which is a shame. I am a RAGE aficionado though.

Generalzod

Immortal
I'm listening to Bruce Springsteen Tunnel of Love album, apparently it was said that this album was so depressing that it caused the Stock market crash of 1987, song like Brilliant Disguise, Tunnel of Love , truly a master piece of an album...
This is my favourite song from the album