What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brands You Hate

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
They don't need to change the recipe to create backlash.

I remember when they changed their fking cap colour from black to yellow and we had bogans going "aw nah I'm gonna go somewhere that's got the black one, they changed the recipe when they changed the cap!"

"It's the same recipe they literally just wanted the caps to match the labels."

"What would you know anyway? I've drunk it for me whole life and they've f**ken changed it! It's shit now!"

Based on a real conversation. You can tell I loved that job...
I remember in about 2003 when Jack Daniels dropped its alcohol content from 43% to 40% without announcing it.

And when bottles of spirits went from 750 mL to 700 mL, I don't know if that was announced nor when but I would bet you that the price didn't drop accordingly. Can anybody shed some light on this?.

FILA and any hard merkin who wears it exclusively

Cheap electronics brands like hisense(Also known as Samsung rejects) Changhong etc

Apple

T8HRTRBRAOMGWTFBBQ from the v8s

Holden/HSV

An American brand with a German car and a American motor branded as Australian with power estimates either deliberately over inflated by 30% or just pulled out of it's ass and a ute that can't carry shit

horrie hastings

First Grade
Lottoland

and to see the name pasted all over the fencing when you drive past the run down suburban ground on the Northern beaches makes it more despising.

Lottoland

and to see the name pasted all over the fencing when you drive past the run down suburban ground on the Northern beaches makes it more despising.
Yeah mate Centrebet stadium is totally better

The only difference between the 2 are you can't lie down to win the lotto

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yeah mate Centrebet stadium is totally better

The only difference between the 2 are you can't lie down to win the lotto

Lol, new I would get a rise from you when I posted that, I actually like Brookvale oval, I just don’t like the Lottoland badging on the out side.

I’m trying to work out where centrebet stadium comes into it ? I follow the Roosters and they play out of Allianz Stadium, although I still refer to it as the SFS, but I do agree with your sentiments about Centrebet though.

Lol, new I would get a rise from you when I posted that, I actually like Brookvale oval, I just don’t like the Lottoland badging on the out side.

I’m trying to work out where centrebet stadium comes into it ? I follow the Roosters and they play out of Allianz Stadium, although I still refer to it as the SFS, but I do agree with your sentiments about Centrebet though.
Lol not exactly a rise more of a callout on something you missed

I'll never refer to Brookie as lottoland, the sfs as allianz or Penrith park as whatever stadium they pick for the year

Penrith park is barely bigger than Riverstone park, it's not a f**king stadium

horrie hastings

First Grade
Lol not exactly a rise more of a callout on something you missed

I'll never refer to Brookie as lottoland, the sfs as allianz or Penrith park as whatever stadium they pick for the year

Penrith park is barely bigger than Riverstone park, it's not a f**king stadium

Your right I did miss out centrebet Stadium, I actually thought Penrith Park was still called
Pepper Stadium, lol, and do agree about it not being a Stadium, mind you it is a hell of a lot better than the first time I went there in 1977.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Any Australian business that uses Americans or American voiceovers in their ads.

Sorry folks but most of us aren't that dumb to think that Seppos are intellectually superior to any other nationality.

The one that sticks in my mind is that poxy mealy mouthed Erin Brockovich in those Shine Lawyers ads.

The epitome of sickening.

roofromoz

First Grade
I suspect the board members of the National Retail Association would like to hear why you hold them in such contempt.

As for the National Rifle Association, I do agree.

Or the other NRA...

National_Ringworm_Association.png

Knightmare

Coach
BBX

Was a member in my early days as a business owner about 4 years back, then didn't bother because of how f**king hopeless they were- derelict websites that looked like they hadn't been updated since they sponsored Norths, reps that never got back to me after calling to see if there was anything they could do for me and I'd told them- you name it.

Cut to about 2 months ago and I get a call from a rep, offering me 3 months free membership and a 10k credit line. I figure why not, things might have changed. The website it still basic, the majority of listed items for sale have no display picture- and that's if they're items actually worth spending on- and I've only had one interested lead that my rep told me about bother to follow up.

I signed off on a project with that one lead yesterday. I plan to do the work, get a testimonial from him, spend as much as I can on a worthwhile item using my Trade dollars through the online store, sell it for the same price in cash on eBay and then f**k right off once the 3 months are up.

How on earth they survive as a business baffles me....

Iafeta

Referee
Bigpond. Internet has been dropping in and out since 4 December. Supposedly it's back Boxing Day 7pm. Supposedly. As we've been told countless dates that keep getting put back. Have this issue probably every 6 months with them.

Headless Chook

Juniors
CUB

Unless you’re unfortunate enough to be born in Malbon there is no excuse. How any self respecting New South Welshman can drink VB, Malbon bitter, or Carlton Draught is dispicable and I’ve never understood it.

Clearly those that do are closet fisters, no question and should be ashamed and have long hard look at themselves. I wonder if they even realise what they are doing? They have no right to criticise AFL when they are indirectly contributing to the cause.

Goatspiss mouthwash is all it’s good for.

Bazal

Post Whore
CUB

Unless you’re unfortunate enough to be born in Malbon there is no excuse. How any self respecting New South Welshman can drink VB, Malbon bitter, or Carlton Draught is dispicable and I’ve never understood it.

Clearly those that do are closet fisters, no question and should be ashamed and have long hard look at themselves. I wonder if they even realise what they are doing? They have no right to criticise AFL when they are indirectly contributing to the cause.

Goatspiss mouthwash is all it’s good for.

All well and good.

But I bet you've had a few CUB beers.

Latest posts