What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Pre-Season

Rabbits20

Immortal
In general play the heavier ball would probably carry better with the drop punt but for goalkicking the Steeden is definitely easier,IMO.
I've played both sports & I've tried kicking RL goals with both balls. I couldn't kick the Sherrin nearly as far kicking it off the ground!!
On another note I'm concerned with the depth of our squad....

Travitoh

First Grade
In general play the heavier ball would probably carry better with the drop punt but for goalkicking the Steeden is definitely easier,IMO.
I've played both sports & I've tried kicking RL goals with both balls. I couldn't kick the Sherrin nearly as far kicking it off the ground!!

But Sherrin's don't get kicked off the ground like a Steeden so it doesn't really matter in this instance.

doyen

Bench
But Sherrin's don't get kicked off the ground like a Steeden so it doesn't really matter in this instance.

Today's kickers in RL are lucky they don't have to kick goals with the old style leather ball,I suppose,is my point;particularly when it's water-sodden.
As I said,I will always rate Simms ahead of AR as his task was a more difficult one,IMO,due to the heavier leather composition.
Even at 74 yrs old I can still knock over a Steeden [occasionally] from 25ms!!
My old leather ball has no hope!
I was equating the "Sherrin" to the old-fashioned leather RL pill!! The old RL ball was larger & heavier than a Sherrin too!

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member

Rabbits20

Immortal
I won't believe it until I see him show consistency and let his footy talk when it's crunch time in games..... George I'm talking about..

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ky Rodwell in that interview seems like a bit of a brat to me and I don't think he realises how lucky he is....

He has growing up to do for sure......

callmack1

Staff member
I won't believe it until I see him show consistency and let his footy talk when it's crunch time in games..... George I'm talking about..
100% agree. If George doesn't have a good year next year then I think it's time for him to move on.

Ky Rodwell in that interview seems like a bit of a brat to me and I don't think he realises how lucky he is....

He has growing up to do for sure......
Give him a break! Haha. He's only young and probably hasn't had proper media training yet.

callmack1

Staff member
Walker ready to step up: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/12/15/walker-ready-to-step-another-level-in-2018/

Turner keen to build his skills: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/12/16/Turner-keen-to-build-his-back-row-skills/

So it sounds like Turner is focussing on Prop. That's good news imo.

Also, I saw a video of a training run on Twitter and there was a bit of Beibs blasting in the background. Do the boys listen to beats while they train sometimes? I'm sure they don't listen to it all the time but that'll create a really fun atmosphere.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Walker ready to step up: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/12/15/walker-ready-to-step-another-level-in-2018/

Turner keen to build his skills: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/12/16/Turner-keen-to-build-his-back-row-skills/

So it sounds like Turner is focussing on Prop. That's good news imo.

Also, I saw a video of a training run on Twitter and there was a bit of Beibs blasting in the background. Do the boys listen to beats while they train sometimes? I'm sure they don't listen to it all the time but that'll create a really fun atmosphere.
I think we might see quite a fair bit of Britt....